C4P 2007 Climate Control

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

nilrem
My Cars: C4 Picasso 2007
Peugeot Partner Tepee 2016

C4P 2007 Climate Control

Post by nilrem »

Hello
I have just returned from a Garage with details of my Climate Control problems - it seems that the fault lies with the drivers side ''Digital Climate Control Switch Panel'' they are not controlling the Flapper valve servo's - so to prevent me from damaging the unit how do I remove this panel - - i.e. where do I lever the unit out using the set of plastic levers I have ? - I have been given a part No 9672838477 so could someone please confirm this is correct for my 2007 C4P Exc 1.6HDi model -
Please is there a schematic or exploded view of the Climate Control system showing the air flow direction through the various controlling flapper valve's

Above does seem a lot to ask for but cold feet are a damned uncomfortable - many thank in advance...joe
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: C4P 2007 Climate Control

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

In order to be sure that the part you have been quoted IS the right part you would need to pop up your VIN number.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

nilrem wrote: 22 Dec 2017, 17:25 Hello
I have just returned from a Garage with details of my Climate Control problems - it seems that the fault lies with the drivers side ''Digital Climate Control Switch Panel'' they are not controlling the Flapper valve servo's - so to prevent me from damaging the unit how do I remove this panel - - i.e. where do I lever the unit out using the set of plastic levers I have ? - I have been given a part No 9672838477 so could someone please confirm this is correct for my 2007 C4P Exc 1.6HDi model -
Please is there a schematic or exploded view of the Climate Control system showing the air flow direction through the various controlling flapper valve's

Above does seem a lot to ask for but cold feet are a damned uncomfortable - many thank in advance...joe

That's not a Citroen Part Number. I can provide you with the correct part, but will need your VIN (Post or send me a Private Message). In the interim, I've already posted the removal diagrams for the unit here:
https://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/ ... 30#p556309
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
nilrem

Post by nilrem »

Marc
Hey Fella yer've done good, quick an all - I've seen a similar part on eBay, I do hope I can warm me feet again, and with your help it seems I may have just done so - thanks - VIN VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]...joe
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Joe

As you can see, there are a few different types - yours are numbered 7, 8 & 20 in the diagram. Ignore the rest.
Just for reference, number 20 on the diagram is the Heater / Ventilation control.
  • Number 7 is the Left control and is part number 6451 WY
  • Number 8 is the Right control and is part number 6451 WZ
  • The heater / Ventilation Control is Part Number 6451 XH
C4 Pic Heater Controls A.JPG
and with a bit of luck....
Warm Ts.jpg

Marc
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Part 8 will be the bit he's interested in, Marc - C4P has two separate heater controls in the front, one at each end of the dash. The bottom row of parts are for controlling the rear fans / heat on some models.

Deetails of how to remove the panels: https://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/ ... 0&start=39

This part new is a highly amusing £370.10 :shock:
Richard W
nilrem

Post by nilrem »

Hi Fella's - have removed the RH drivers side Climate Control panel, gave the electronic a good eyeballing for anything amiss, dry joints, corrosion and switch operation all ok - I know it's the least I can do but would be nice to plug it into another C4P - the module number on
it's label is 9659627677 - - the one I've ordered off eBay is 9672838477 so may work !!??.... I know should have checked first, anyway will give it a try when it arrives.
I now find vented Hot air on passenger side and Cold vented air on drivers side, so am I right in saying there's a problem with the top servo/flapper valve (Dual Zone Air Con) if so - how the hell do I get at it cos there's a clear plastic duct in the way and to get at this I will have to remove the Knee AirBag ( can this be removed Safety )
Is there an explanation/exploded view of Dashboard removal - this is turning out to be a bit of a long winded job, lets hope for a mild winter not sure if Father Christmas wants this cos he may have to put wheels on his slay and go all electric...joe
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

Do C4Ps suffer from the same faulty stepper motor/flaps that the C5 have? Could it be that the control is not at fault?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

nilrem wrote: 23 Dec 2017, 14:47 Hi Fella's - have removed the RH drivers side Climate Control panel, gave the electronic a good eyeballing for anything amiss, dry joints, corrosion and switch operation all ok - I know it's the least I can do but would be nice to plug it into another C4P - the module number on
it's label is 9659627677 - - the one I've ordered off eBay is 9672838477 so may work !!??.... I know should have checked first, anyway will give it a try when it arrives.
I now find vented Hot air on passenger side and Cold vented air on drivers side, so am I right in saying there's a problem with the top servo/flapper valve (Dual Zone Air Con) if so - how the hell do I get at it cos there's a clear plastic duct in the way and to get at this I will have to remove the Knee AirBag ( can this be removed Safety )
Is there an explanation/exploded view of Dashboard removal - this is turning out to be a bit of a long winded job, lets hope for a mild winter not sure if Father Christmas wants this cos he may have to put wheels on his slay and go all electric...joe
I was going to say are you sure it is the electronic control and not the air distribution flaps? I'll have a look for access now - but I would send that one straight back to ebay - it will not be the same and will not have all the features your current one will have.

Marc
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Unfortunately the guidance (like most of them) is for Left Hand Drive - so it's all back to front. I've just included the diagrams to show which ones are which, so id doesn't confuse you. So assume 6 & 7 are on the right hand side and 11 is on the passenger side
C4 Mixer A.PNG
The distribution micromotor is (6)
The mixing micromotor is (7)
C4 Mixer C.PNG
The mixing micromotor is (11)
C4 Mixer C.PNG
So on the passenger side, it's a matter of removing the glovebox to get access - or on the driver's side one they say to remove the steering column air bag (caution there - battery disconnected and wait 10 mins).

Marc
nilrem

Post by nilrem »

Marc - you is very helpful - your right - all the utube vids are for LH drive - you say disconnect the steering column airbag but is'nt there one just below the steering column as well and disconnecting the battery does that present a system reset problem or can I just reconnect the battery without sticking my head through the open window without clapping my hands twice and shouting Brexit bring it on...joe