Diesel Pump

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Diesel Pump

Post by CitroJim »

ekjdm14 wrote: 30 Apr 2018, 10:35 Gorgeous, but for pity's sake sort that dipstick! :D

Yes, before it drops into the engine...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Eddie Nuff
New User
My Cars:

Post by Eddie Nuff »

I broke the end off the dipstick as I was fighting the long black pipes to get them back on right at the end of the job. Sods Law!

And the good news is she runs =D> First two turns of the key she fired up, spluttered and died. Third time she ran, but lumpy. Took about 20 minutes for her to settle down. Idles at 1000rpm but when the regulator kicks in she drops to 800 then back up. There may be a grain of dirt in the injectors as tickover isn't smooth and the power from 2000rpm is below par. The injectors were never removed as they are solid and will need an airgun to release them. Temperature is steady at 80 but there is a weep from the thermostat housing.

Starter motor, alternator and diesel pump have all been fully refurbished. New waxstat, gaskets, leak off pipes, filters and three new rubber pipes. All alloy parts have been vapour blasted and engine block painted. New sound deadening on the engine bay wall.

Still needs the bonnet sound deadening sorting, offside windows don't work, and a bloody good session of Citrobics before the test.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

All the best with the MoT Eddie... I'm sure she'll be fine :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...