XANTIA CENTRAL LOCKING

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

lumphammer
My Cars:

XANTIA CENTRAL LOCKING

Post by lumphammer »

My rear n/s passenger door cental locking has packed up after constant manual flicking up and down by my 4 year old daughter.
All other locks still work off key fob.
Door still locks manually.
Can anyone advise how to fix [?]
BonceChops
My Cars:

Post by BonceChops »

Use lumphammer on daughter's fingers [:D][:D][:D][:D]
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Probably the solenoid in the door which powers the lock. (if all others work on the plip or key and that works on the key alone its not a lock problem).

Its a door card off job (now im going off my experience with the ZX) and the solenoid is a fairly simple fit (bit fiddly but not too bad).
i used a replacement from the scrappy (a quid) but im sure you could get a new one from Cit. Try squirting WD40 on it first and also check the electrical supply to it with a digi-meter.
Maplin electronics also sell some aftermarket jobbies, but my experience with the Maestro has taught me that much butchering of cables and scotchblocking is needed just to save a few quid.
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

Wonder if mine's got a similar problem?
Sometimes all is fine; locks and unlocks off either the key or the IR plip, but sometimes it will lock then immediately unlock. It might work again if i try it again later. When it plays up, the drivers door will lock and unlock without kicking the central locking in either, but it does lock/unlock off the plip or passenger door.
Are there some locked/unlocked switches inside there?
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

I've had two Xantias which have problems with the wiring connection on the n/s/f door where the central locking would immediatly unlock as if a door was open.
On both occaisions I took the connector block off of the lock then squirted WD40 liberally on each connector and the problem was sorted.
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

Cheers Richard!
Will try that in the morning.
blueboy2001

Post by blueboy2001 »

Cleaning the contacts in the OSF door lock motor multiplug rectified the same problem on mine as well.
lumphammer
My Cars:

Post by lumphammer »

[:)] Thanks for the advice.
I had presumed that there must be a solenoid / relay some where in the system just wasn't sure where it would be - hopefully I will get a chance this weekend to sort out.
ps. decided not to be to harsh on the daughter as I may need her assistance ( LITTLE HANDS ) to gain acess into door panels etc.