Had a ride out today....

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

milleplod
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 2.0HDi Exclusive Tourer
(Previously, in order....Dyane, 2CV6 x 3, Visa 1.7D, GSA estate, GS Pallas, CX TurboII, Picasso...all fondly remembered!).

Had a ride out today....

Post by milleplod »

.....over to Savoy Garage at Hapton to see Malcolm. I've been looking at getting the driver's seat on my '09 C5 Exclusive sorted out - the 'wings' on the seat base are all floppy, and the foam at the front edge has crumbled, meaning there's no support under my right thigh any more, not comfy at all! Anyway, trawling eBay last night, I spotted an as-new seat for sale at a very reasonable price - I swapped a few messages with the seller, who turned out to be the aforementioned Malcolm. He offered to send me a load more photos of it but I was fancying a ride out today anyway, so I set off at around 10am.

What can I say. What a cracking bloke - we spent at least an hour nattering about all the different cars and bikes we'd had...after a 30 second inspection of the seat confirmed its mint condition! My car's going back there in 2 weeks or so to have the gearbox oil done - at last! I've already bought the oil from Smith and Allen, Malcolm's more than happy using it, and he's quoted me £40 for the labour - fantastic! :) Its a 160-mile round trip for me, but I'm more than happy to do it now I've met someone who seems genuinely enthusiastic about Citroens, and who's a nice bloke too - result! :-D

Oh, I didn't strap the seat to the bike - I'm picking it up when I go for the gearbox job! :lol:

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur.
Michel
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Some cars and a motorbike

Re: Had a ride out today....

Post by Michel »

I've known Malcolm for years - 14 or 15 at least now, he's a good bloke. I've had plenty of work done by him and bought a few motors off him!
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

I am not supported in my exc 2010 seat and I need my gearbox oil changed urgently ! where is malcolm ! :)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Malcolm is indeed a top bloke :) I thought he'd retired a few years back?

Maybe he did and then decided against it... I can understand that...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

He had a CX DTR Turbo 2 Safari for sale many years ago and let me have a drive of it, very nostalgic. I didn't buy it, didn't like the idea of being able to see the road through the sills, did have a very interesting chat with him though, thoroughly nice bloke though.

Peter
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

CitroJim wrote: 28 Oct 2017, 05:01 Malcolm is indeed a top bloke :) I thought he'd retired a few years back?

He was at this years Northern rally Jim.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

myglaren wrote: 28 Oct 2017, 09:04
CitroJim wrote: 28 Oct 2017, 05:01 Malcolm is indeed a top bloke :) I thought he'd retired a few years back?

His local I guess :) Only problem I ever found with Malcolm was needing an interpreter :lol: He does have a rather broad Northern accent and to us poor West Country folk it's pretty much unintelligible!

I believe the reverse is equally true :wink:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

CitroJim wrote: 28 Oct 2017, 15:26
myglaren wrote: 28 Oct 2017, 09:04

His local I guess :) Only problem I ever found with Malcolm was needing an interpreter :lol: He does have a rather broad Northern accent and to us poor West Country folk it's pretty much unintelligible!

I believe the reverse is equally true :wink:

Can you say that slowly :twisted: