citroen xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

james306
My Cars:

citroen xantia

Post by james306 »

does anyone know if the seats+trim of 1999 xantia exclusive would fit a xantia 1.9 td desire and what about wiring the electric seats to the car.how do you do that
ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

the seats wire in with dificulty i will send you the wiring codes incase you dont have the loom there already!
Andy
james306
My Cars:

Post by james306 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ActivaV6uk</i>

the seats wire in with dificulty i will send you the wiring codes incase you dont have the loom there already!
Andy
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I would appreciate that.Thank you Andy
Jim
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

If you are referring to mk1 and mk2 Xantias, the seats and rear door panels are interchangable but the front door panels are different. The fixing locations are miles apart. A suggestion to get around this is to find a set of mk1 door panels finished in 'Alcantara' suede and swop the 'wood' trim.
As far as the wiring is concerned, the electric movement of the seat is just a single wire which you can take off of the ignition feed before the switch, and an earth. Make sure you fit an in-line fuse though.
The heating part is rather more difficult as you will need the loom and switches to fit into the centre console, so unless your car has heated seats already fitted, that part may be more trouble than its worth.
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

Further to my above post the rear seat belt set up is different, so you will need the following in order for the belts to fit with the seat which does not have the cut outs as per the MK1.
The outer belts are the same but the center belt is changed to a static one and the 'belt clasps' have a longer belt to allow them to fit onto clips on the seat back.
Make sure you get these centre pieces of the rear belts as you will not be able to fit the rear seat correctly with the belts and therefore make the car liable to fail the MOT.