Help needed Citroen nemo 1.3 hdi engine knock see vid

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Closey69
My Cars: Citron nemo

Help needed Citroen nemo 1.3 hdi engine knock see vid

Post by Closey69 »

Hi all new to the site got a problem with a Citroen nemo 1.3 hdi 2011 140k timing chain was replaced January this year its sort of running. In bad shape tho. Hear is a clip.

So what I have done so far. I have striped and checked the timing and chain and tensioner all good there so I have gone on to strip rocker /cam cover off hoping to find damage on the rockers but no visual damage to cam or rockers help is needed any shed any light on my issue. Thanks in advance damien

[xantia_v6 edited youtube tags]
demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Re: Help needed Citroen nemo 1.3 hdi engine knock see vid

Post by demag »

I'm not 100% sure but think this is the Fiat engine so you might be able to extend your search.
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
BX
My Cars:

Re: Help needed Citroen nemo 1.3 hdi engine knock see vid

Post by BX »

If it is 1.3 and has a timing chain then it is the fiat engine. Search on Opel forums. It was/is used in the Corsa, Astra and combi as well as some other models. It is also used in many of the fiat doblo vans. A good little engine but needs meticulous servicing. The timing chain is often the first victim. The sump only holds 3.6L of oil. They often get topped up when the oil light is showing.
Finally got your video to play. Where is the smoke coming from? It isn't running on all cylinders. A diagnostic reading would do no harm. Look at live data as well as checking codes. An injector is a possibility. However I would also drop the sump and check the Conrad big end bearings.