C4 grand picasso front end noise

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kicksyc
New User
My Cars: Citroen c4 grand picasso

C4 grand picasso front end noise

Post by kicksyc »

My C4 as developed a noise that sounds like a bad bearing when on a right hand lock and going straight. I've changed the tyres and replaced the bearing on my near side front twice but the noise is still there. The noise is more pronounced driving at low speed ie 25 mph but the faster the car goes the noise seems to dissipate. I've had a few mechanics listen to the noise and also do a quick sight check on CV joint but they wouldn't commit without further investigation. I'm a bit reluctant as a few years back it cost me £800 just to find a wire shorting out on the engine so I'm very wary of garages. I have seen posts on sites but no one seems to take it to completion seem to fizzle out after a few suggestions. If any one as an ending to a similar problem it would really help so I could ask the garage to check that area. cheers
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: C4 grand picasso front end noise

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

First, let me welcome you to the French Car Forum. :welc:

I have heard of occasions where sounds get transmitted through the car in such a way that it appears to be coming from somewhere else. While this does not help you directly, it might be useful to know. I do not have any experience of the C4 range, so other than this I cannot help further.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

It's going to be impossible to diagnose a noise on a forum as you will just get multiple suggestions covering every single thing it could possibly be .
Would be quite happy to take your car for a spin & point you in the right direction, I can usually diagnose a noise after a short drive , also I see you are near us in Nottingham.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

Kicksyc - as you're a new member on this forum and might not be aware of who's what, it might be worth pointing out that 'Lighty' is a respected contributer on here..... and not somebody interested in driving off with your car ! :)
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
dizzyblond
My Cars:

Post by dizzyblond »

Hi kicksyc...apologies for not getting back to you earlier re. noise in front end of C5...my C5 which is no longer with us developed a noise in the front end, left hand side - when it was loaded ie. turning into a r/hand corner it became really loud at all other times it just growled...I replaced everything from the transmission out on both sides to no avail, the prognosis was that the noise came from the transaxle/differential or transmission and it was just never worth the money to find out, so it staid there gradually getting worse until the end...sorry I cannot be of further assistance and that i never found out exactly what the problem was, hope you have more success...kind regards dizzy
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

Have you checked the bonnet liners leading edge to see if the press studs are holding the edge tightly to the bonnet? The wind gets up behind the liner and makes it rattle on my mk 2 c5 or it did until I made some very thin washers out of fly spray can lids. The plastic press studs work their way through the liner eventually. I wonder if you have A similar problem?
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.