C5 HDI 2003 Rear Suspension Very Stiff

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ozzdownunder
My Cars: Current =C5 X7 Limited Edition 2014 HDI, Turbo 2.2L LT Sedan built 2014. Triumph, Holden Commodore, Range Rovers, Rovers.

C5 HDI 2003 Rear Suspension Very Stiff

Post by ozzdownunder »

Hi, I own a C5 HDI 2003 2L Turbo 160000km Auto and after a wheel balance by a tyre company the rear suspension has become very stiff or bumpy. The internal switching for height adjustment inside the car is working fine. Will adjust and it will change from the highest to its lowest settings no problem. Also when closing the car door and locking it will readjust itself as normal. Also when opening car door and sitting on the rear booth it will re-adjust slightly higher to compensate for the weight, will return to a slightly lower position when weight is removed. Front suspension is as normal as before, no problems there. I do have GAITOR BOOTHS (RUBBER COVERS) on both Spheres that are cracked and some of the 25ml fluids have leaked but this should not effect the ride IMOP have ordered new ones. This version car has 4 spheres, two at rear 2 at front. Have attached some pictures, just in case. I believe there is a height corrector? Pressure Regulator? Not certain as I have no DIAGRAMS to indicate where these are located or what parts these are. So any one that may be able to supply this info or any feedback on this problem, it will be appreciated.

[admin note:] I needed to delete the pictures that were attached to this post due to a problem with restoring the forum backup. You should be able to upload them again later today
spiff
My Cars: C5 2003 2LTR 1997 AUTO PETROL ESTATE

Re: C5 HDI 2003 Rear Suspension Very Stiff

Post by spiff »

Good afternonn from a wet and windy Mullion Cove Cornwall.

Only just seen this so you may have fixed it by now : )

Have you tried pushing down on the rear to see if it is hard or soft ?

The spheres could be faulty.

The lifting and messing around by the tyre company could have seen them off ?

God Bless Spiff