ZX: steamed up windows

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ZXturbo_Aura
My Cars:

ZX: steamed up windows

Post by ZXturbo_Aura »

hi all again...
i dont know if its quite usual but.. my windows seem to steam up extremely quickly and the heater has trouble demisting them, i usually have to stop and wait or keep wiping it off every 5 minutes, its really bad! the heater seems to be working fine, im puzzled
Dan
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Have you had the carpet up to see if you are carting a boating lake about with you, very likely.
Heater matrix, ouch, but if there is antifreeze in the rad in the right strength you should smell it if the matrix was leaking.
Dead leaves or other debris floating about in the ducting.
Rain water entering the heater unit.
Blocked air exit vents.
Dave
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Hi Dan. Yep you have a waterleak somewhere. But a quick temp way to clear steam is.. put everything on max, fan, heat, and open all vents, then open the sun roof on "tilt" , if its raining just crack it open, as long as you're moving the rain wont get in and the steam will vanish very very quickly..
Erm don't go above 40 mph though, as at that point the rain will begin to run UP your winscreen and may start to come in!! [:0]
I had to do it when I fitted my new interior, it had gotten damp somehow, 10 mins down the road it was as dry as a bone. [^]