V6 Cambelt and water pump kit?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ragger
My Cars:

V6 Cambelt and water pump kit?

Post by ragger »

The water pump on my Xantia has developed a leak necessitating replacement, along with the belt and associated gubbins. If you have bought one recently, could you please recommend a supplier who will ensure that I get the right one at the best price. The car is June 1998 with the reg of R826EGF.

Many thanks in anticipation.
Regards

Rob

C4 Exclusive - For Sale!
Xantia V6 Exclusive (the Beast!)
C1 Feel (it might be new but it is very practical for local zipping about)
C5 Estate
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Re: V6 Cambelt and water pump kit?

Post by xantia_v6 »

It is very rare for an ES9 water pump to fail, do you know if it is the original, or what mileage it has done?

Do you know if the timing belt tensioner has already been changed for the later type (which was fitted by the factory from late 1999)? The early and late tensioners require slightly different water pumps, and it is recommended that the later tensioner is always fitted.

Knowing if you need a tensioner (or complete set of rollers) and which water pump you need, will affect the choice.

Before you start on the job, take the top cover off the engine (and the manifold if your are keen), and if there is any sign of oil seepage from the cam cover joints, you should consider stripping the cam boxes out and resealing them while you have the belt off.