The driver's window regulator acting weird

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Re: The driver's window regulator acting weird

Post by elma »

TodiCroitor wrote: 30 Aug 2017, 14:29 some of you guys don't pay attention.

Thats not nice when people are trying to help, I think actually language is the issue.
TodiCroitor wrote: 30 Aug 2017, 14:29 what resistance are you guys talking about since the windows goes ALL THE WAY UP until there is no room for the window to go, that's the end point.

Yes understood. But if the regulator or glass is out of alignment the window will lower.
TodiCroitor wrote: 30 Aug 2017, 14:29 I know about that safety feature, everyone knows about it but this is not the case. For a "n" time - the window closes as expected but it seems that wants to go further more but there is free space to do that.

It's out of alignment and needs to be reinstalled correctly.
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

TodiCroitor wrote: 30 Aug 2017, 14:29 some of you guys don't pay attention. what resistance are you guys talking about since the windows goes ALL THE WAY UP until there is no room for the window to go, that's the end point.

I know about that safety feature, everyone knows about it but this is not the case. For a "n" time - the window closes as expected but it seems that wants to go further more but there is free space to do that.

That's a little bit offensive to people who are genuinely trying to help :shock:

What is happening to your window and what they're trying to tell is that it is attempting to go up further when it is already at the top therefore the anti pinch is coming into play, you need to find out why, it must be that the way it has been fitted is outside the limits or that an incorrect part has been used.

If you would like to pay my fare I'll come over and fix it. :-D
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
TodiCroitor
My Cars: C5 1.6 Hdi vtr+ 2009

Post by TodiCroitor »

You are right and I'm so grateful for that but is non-productive to keep asking the same questions just to receive the same answer.

I took down again everything and from what I can figure out everything seems fine.
IMG_3516.JPG
IMG_3515.JPG
IMG_3513.JPG
IMG_3510.JPG
IMG_3500.JPG
IMG_3499.JPG
IMG_3498.JPG
IMG_3497.JPG
IMG_3496.JPG
Attachments
IMG_3504.JPG
IMG_3495.JPG
IMG_3494.JPG
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

I have a frame with me here that is exactly the same as yours, and your one looks identical to mine. The only thing I would suggest is to make sure the cables I've circled in red are pushed all the way into the plastic parts in the corners.
Window frame
Window frame

I've just seen that the two springs are at different tensions when the frame is fitted into the door - one is squeezed, the other is loose.
Window springs
Window springs
Check if these change tension when you lift and lower the window
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
TodiCroitor
My Cars: C5 1.6 Hdi vtr+ 2009

Post by TodiCroitor »

bobins wrote: 30 Aug 2017, 22:10 I have a frame with me here that is exactly the same as yours, and your one looks identical to mine. The only thing I would suggest is to make sure the cables I've circled in red are pushed all the way into the plastic parts in the corners.

window frame.jpg

I've just seen that the two springs are at different tensions when the frame is fitted into the door - one is squeezed, the other is loose.

window springs.jpg

Check if these change tension when you lift and lower the window

Hi,
I appreciate your response.
I've noticed too that the tensions on those springs are different depending on the position of the window.

I will definitely check if those cables are pushed into the plastic. ..

Yesterday I've take it your of the door an tested to see if it is working properly outside the door without a window fit to it and worked just fine so my take is that the windows regulator needs a little more space to lift up the windows but there is none left.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It will work fine outside of the door fitting, as there is no resistance to make it reverse. Try Bobins' solution and that may be enough to stop it encountering resistance.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc