Wiring colours for ZX loom

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

martyhopkirk

Wiring colours for ZX loom

Post by martyhopkirk »

Have a K plate zx 1.9D... Its been to the moon and back and i have just decided to fit a towbar (reason being is that if it tows better than my 1.8 Laguna the laguna is being binned).
Now having spent half the day trying to get to the wiring loom inside the car to attach the towbar electrics i finally discovered that its behind the bumper... (nothing in haynes manual about this).
Problem is that the wiring diagram in the Haynes manual is bloody difficult to follow, not withstanding the translation from french to english, there seem to be discrepancies and colour variations (one cable changes colour halfway along, the RH foh is the same colour as the LH indicator!!!)
Can anyone tell me the correct colour coded for:
LH tail
RH tail (same i assume)
LH stop
RH stop (again same?)
LH indicator
RH indicator a
and
Fog?
ta
marty
jmrmcr@_nospam_hotmail.com
ZXturbo_Aura
My Cars:

Post by ZXturbo_Aura »

if noone can help with the colours, the only way would be to use a meter and go through each wire?seeing which grounds or gives voltage when switched on/used, thats what i ended up doing with my new alarm i fitted, haynes colour coding and harness identification was crap, like you said, they change half way down the car!
Dan
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Cheers Dan.
I was hoping to avoid that if i could but otherwise i will write saturday morning off to do it.
cant even get the lamp cluster off the body (rear panel held on with star like screws) to cheat that way, you are right about haynes, wast of space on things like this.
Hey ho!
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Don't chop into the wires on the outside of the car, they'll go bad in no time, get to the clusters and work from there, on the estate all the connections are done on the near side, hatch is probably same.
If you are using scotchlocks, ram them full of petroleum jelly to help prevent blackwire getting hold.
Get yourself a torx bit set so you can remove those awkward starlike screws, you can't be citdiy'er and not have a torx set, like being a hardresser and not having any scissors[:D]
Dave