c15 engine conversion

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Bsim9751
My Cars: Renault Megane r26 230 team F1
Peugeot 306 gti 6
Citroen c15

c15 engine conversion

Post by Bsim9751 »

Hi, this has probably been covered before but... what parts would i need from a donor car to fit a d turbo engine into my c15? Im looking at an accident damaged 306 d turbo. Would that provide all of the parts? Would anything need modifying? Any help appreciated.
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
My Cars: Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club (quietly sleeping in a parallel universe)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
others:-
'96 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the "donor"
'99 Jeep Cherokee Orvis - the green one
'97 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the red one
'99 Cadillac Seville STS
'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
& numerous what might be described as abandoned projects!

Re: c15 engine conversion

Post by van ordinaire »

Now that is an interesting & obvious conversion, providing better performance, similar fuel consumption & retaining (or even restoring) ability to run on veggie.
I have seen one in Holland with an air intake in the bonnet corresponding to the position of the intercooler but, unfortunately not close or for long enough, to leaen anything.
Given that, in that department, th C15 is essentially Pug 205, a 306 would seem to be a suitable donor (was there a Pug that started off with a DW8 & later versions had the turbo d?) Ideally I'd like to have the whole car, so you could mix'n'match ancillaries, bracketry, cables, linkages, etc at will - failing that the complete engine/g'box, with as much still attached as poss. That way, it shouldn't involve a great deal more than a straightforward engine swap.
Good luck with that, I hope to follow progress right here.
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
others:-
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o