Sinker woes

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Eddie Nuff
New User
My Cars:

Post by Eddie Nuff »

xantia_v6 wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 18:56 At a guess the yellow sleved connectors just below it are going to a relay for the blower relay mod

Correct. There is a screw further down from there but it's into plastic and the blue wire doesn't reach anyway.
Eddie Nuff
New User
My Cars:

Post by Eddie Nuff »

Instead of madam dragging me round the shops this morning she's gone on her own, so I can finish off. And I have, job done but not finished. What I mean is all the dash back in bar the centre console and the panel under the steering wheel. That's still off as the heaters don't work so the blue earth wire needs to connect somewhere. But the water has been swapped for coolant, all air purged, fans kick in and the temp gauge behaves itself. That's the bit that really matters to me. :-D
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Sinker woes

Post by CitroJim »

Neil, that's excellent news. You've done an excellent job there :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Eddie Nuff
New User
My Cars:

Post by Eddie Nuff »

Heater sorted, dash and console in after a good vacuum. Everything works as it should. :-D

It's taken five sessions, three after work, two today, total time around 12 hours. Would I do it again next week, hell no, but this is one job you have to do fairly regularly to be able to store the huge amount of information needed to complete it. Once every six years is no good as I found out.

What would I do different? Remove the windscreen scuttle, wiper mechanism and three dash bolts first, if not the night before. That's an hour out the way there.

Even though mine came out very easy I wouldn't touch the matrix coupling. It's a fiddly job which just burns time. I would separate the matrix by undoing the two 7mm screws attaching the matrix to the connectors. Why the matrix isn't angled so you only have to pop the four clips to remove it I have no idea! :roll: That saves having to separate the heater box and even worse trying to get the bloody thing to marry up again!

And takes loads of photos, because it's only when you come to put it all back together that you realise you can't remember. :oops:

Not a nice job but glad it's done.