Xantia speedo/mileometer - piston clutch

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

vanny
My Cars:

Xantia speedo/mileometer - piston clutch

Post by vanny »

Can the digital Xantia speedo/mileometer be reset or programmed to a specific value? does anyone know how to do it?
Im thinking of replacing the BX speedo cable with the digital Xantia one and having done with the stupid cable once and for all!
Would a hydraulic clutch cable thingy be able to fit on the BX? I believe these can be found on a 2.2 TD Xantia, presumably the gearbox is the same fitting in order to fit the engine, and could be fitted to the BX/Xantia hybrid i have?
At that point i could get rid of the clutch cable AND fit a meclock stopping the car ever being stolen!
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

One of the reasons for having a digital mileometer is so that it can be turned back easey by those in the know, not nice, but true.
No to hydraulic operation of the BX clutch via that method I think, different animal all together, the hydraulic slave cylinder fits into a purpose made casting in the bell housing, you would need the entire box.
Then you would need to fit the master cylinder in the bulkhead and find a suitable pedal to shove it, major ball ache.
Dave