XUD Xsara, strange misfire and loss of power

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: XUD Xsara, strange misfire and loss of power

Post by CitroJim »

moizeau wrote: 29 Jun 2017, 17:38 Castrol TTS, that was almost addictive it was so nice.

Pleased to see I'm not the only one intoxicated by the smell of Two-Stroke oil then :D

It's amazing how you can end up paying a lot just for a name... I can think of many, many examples...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
moizeau
Donor 2024
My Cars: 91 BX TZD Estate. Dead but loved
407 HDI 136 auto
C4 2l petrol coupé
2010 Dispatch III HDI 90
AND a 1980 Z1000ST
AND a 1983 GPz1100 inj
AND a 1995 Zephyr 1100
AND a 1980 Z650 (my moped)

Post by moizeau »

Jim, Come over to France. Apart from the oldies still about (cars I mean) and you'd have a field day in the tat yard with the xants. Google 'Nouziers 24 heures'. It's a 24h race with Solex machines some standard, 30mph if you're lucky, others, the super protos, hit 80!. The oil smells great, all 50cc bikes, though the super protos have a few additions. All run with the engine sitting on the front tyre
Pete
Notice the BX is still top the list but sadly gone
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

moizeau wrote: 29 Jun 2017, 21:14Google 'Nouziers 24 heures'. It's a 24h race with Solex machines some standard, 30mph if you're lucky, others, the super protos, hit 80!. The oil smells great, all 50cc bikes, though the super protos have a few additions. All run with the engine sitting on the front tyre

Wow :D Now that is something I would enjoy immensely ;)

There is something very appealing about such wacky races. Just like lawn mower racing...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...