C5 II 3.0 Engine Mounts ... Oil pan hit skid plate when engine under load.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

AlvinCitroenC5
My Cars: 2005 Citroen C5 II

C5 II 3.0 Engine Mounts ... Oil pan hit skid plate when engine under load.

Post by AlvinCitroenC5 »

Hi,

I noticed that my car's rattle is getting worst and worst. At first I thought that the factory skid plate is the problem, however recently I can feel that there is play when I accelerate, and the car will produce a klunk noise when braking hard on rough road, with the steering wheel knocking left and right slightly. I gave replace the entire A arm with bushing (TRW/with new bushings), drop links, lower ball joint, inner and outer tie rod ends. The part reseller express that often #32 fail and causes this issue. I would like a second opinion, as I rather get enough parts to restore my butchered C5 caused by the previous owner/mechanic. Thank you all.
Attachments
mmexport1497951782497.jpg
wurlycorner
My Cars: Two C5's...
Lots of CXs...
A couple of Xantia...
A C2...
Lots of Prelude's...
And a Sunny!

Re: C5 II 3.0 Engine Mounts ... Oil pan hit skid plate when engine under load.

Post by wurlycorner »

If the engine mounts are worn, you should be able to test relatively well, yourself.

Bonnet open, stand looking at the engine bay while you get someone in the car to put handbrake and footbrake on, select drive, back to neutral, select reverse, back to neutral etc. Watch how much the engine moves (top and bottom) and listen to see if there are any knocks/clunks.
If it doesn't look to move much, repeat above but after selecting gear, press the accelerator and see how much the engine moves then.
If you're not sure if it's moving much, take a video, post it up on here and ask someone on here that has a c5 v6 to compare against their car.
--
Iain

1x '85 CX GTi Turbo s1 (metallic blue)
2x '85 CX GTi Turbo s2 t1 (metallic silver & grey)
'88 CX GTi Turbo s2 T2 (metallic light blue)
CX DTR T2 Safari (silver)
2x '96 Xantia Activa (Black & metallic green)
'01 C5 2.0 HDi LX Estate (Blue)
AlvinCitroenC5
My Cars: 2005 Citroen C5 II

Re: C5 II 3.0 Engine Mounts ... Oil pan hit skid plate when engine under load.

Post by AlvinCitroenC5 »

I have recorded a video, however, I am not able to upload the file to YouTube in mainland China since it is blocked by the government. Do you have WhatsApp or another program where I can provide you the video with? Thanks.