Xantia Rear Window Wiring Diagram!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Grum
My Cars: CX, BX'es, XM, Exantia

Re: Xantia Rear Window Wiring Diagram!

Post by Grum »

Hi chaps,

Can someone tell me if there is a difference between petrol and diesel top strup mounts?

Also my car is a 1998 model but I am wondering if there would be any change of strut around this year! ... So if I see some advertised as being for a 1998 car, would they definately fit mine?

Thanks
Grum
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Grum wrote: 29 Jun 2017, 16:26 Can someone tell me if there is a difference between petrol and diesel top strup mounts?

None at all Grum... The only differences are between strut tops for hydractive and non-hydractive cars...

You need hydractive types as your car is an Exclusive with hydractive suspension... The difference is that the hydraulic pipe sizes are very different. Hydractive have 10mm pipes with a rubber section in them and 17mm unions and the non-hydractives have 3.5mm pipes with 8mm unions and no rubber sections...

The only other major difference is that V6 strut tops are unique to a V6 and are not interchangeable as they have larger piston diameters...

Non-hydractive tops can be turned into hydractive types by opening up and re-tapping the hydraulic pipe union entry...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Grum

Post by Grum »

Hi Jim and thanks again! ... How did you know mine was an Exclusive, as I don't remember mentioning that, or did I!? #-o
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

You mentioned in your very first post it is an Exclusive Grum, plus I could tell by the presence of the rubber sections in the hydraulic pipes in your pictures...

I know my Xantias ;)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Can standard Non H.A'tv ones be converted to take the larger V6 struts Jim ? (given the pipe unions are also converted as already known)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Stickyfinger wrote: 29 Jun 2017, 18:34 Can standard Non H.A'tv ones be converted to take the larger V6 struts Jim ? (given the pipe unions are also converted as already known)

Yes, they could if the hole could be suitably enlarged. Not at all easy as it's a taper and would need new O ring grooves cut into it. Definitely a job for a skilled engineer with appropriate tools...

It would be a whole lot easier to acquire replacement V6 tops or have then rebuilt...
Jim

Grum

Post by Grum »

CitroJim wrote: 29 Jun 2017, 17:37 You mentioned in your very first post it is an Exclusive Grum, plus I could tell by the presence of the rubber sections in the hydraulic pipes in your pictures...

I know my Xantias ;)

:wink:
Grum

Post by Grum »

CitroJim wrote: 24 Jun 2017, 18:41 We need some pictures of the tool and compressor pulley Grum ;)

I once made up a puller that worked once and then failed as I made cut the threads a bit too small on the lathe... That one was for the type of pulley with a threaded boss around the shaft nut to accept a puller... The puller had a central bolt that acted on the end of the shaft to pull the pulley off...

I may still have the remains of it in the workshop...

Some compressors need an odd three-legged job...

Sory for delay Jim but see below for the A/C pulley puller I have:

The main body of the puller inserted into the boss of the pulley ok but when I tried to then insert the inner bolt (With the end piece attached) the threads would not engage, because of the smooth shank before the treads... I thought about removing the piece in the end of the bolt but that would have damaged the end of the bolt and also the thread sticking out of the middle of the A/C pulley. This is when I decided that either I did not know how to use the puller properly or that the puller is not suitable for the job!

I hope the above makes sense.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to take pictures of the A/C pulley but will if you require. The Compressor is a Delphi I believe!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Ahh, I did not realise you had the full kit Grum... I can see exactly the problem...

It's often the case with universal kits like those... They don't quite cover all eventualities.

That you have the correct one to screw into the pulley boss is an excellent start... It would not be a lot of work to make up a new and more suitable centre bolt on a lathe... I'd expect the bolt has a standard ISO Metric coarse thread so a standard bolt could be modified...

Maybe a little case-hardening on the end of the modified bolt and away you go...

Then you'll need a hydraulic press to remove and replace the bearing proper...
Jim

Grum

Post by Grum »

CitroJim wrote: 01 Jul 2017, 16:21 Ahh, I did not realise you had the full kit Grum... I can see exactly the problem...

It's often the case with universal kits like those... They don't quite cover all eventualities.

That you have the correct one to screw into the pulley boss is an excellent start... It would not be a lot of work to make up a new and more suitable centre bolt on a lathe... I'd expect the bolt has a standard ISO Metric coarse thread so a standard bolt could be modified...

Maybe a little case-hardening on the end of the modified bolt and away you go...

Then you'll need a hydraulic press to remove and replace the bearing proper...

Great, so I have a full kit but it won't do the job ... Hufff :roll:

Ho-hum ... I'll have to go through my big box of old rusty nut's and Bolt's and see if I can find one that will do the job some time.

I assume that the tool simply presses on the centre shaft that the small nut is on :!: :?:

Thank's again Jim ... If you ever wan't to borrow it, especially after I find a center bolt, don't hesitate to ask but I still need to get transport sorted out beforehand!

Grum
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Grum wrote: 01 Jul 2017, 19:36 I assume that the tool simply presses on the centre shaft that the small nut is on :!: :?:
Yes, that's correct!
Grum wrote: 01 Jul 2017, 19:36Thank's again Jim ... If you ever wan't to borrow it, especially after I find a center bolt, don't hesitate to ask but I still need to get transport sorted out beforehand!

Thanks Grum, that's really appreciated :D
Jim