zx notchy gearchange

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dieseldan

zx notchy gearchange

Post by dieseldan »

hi guys,
i've just got a zx volcane and i really love it. i have a qn though. the gearchange is a bit notchy and i don't know if this is normal. it's done 104,000, the engine runs great, the cluch has plenty of travel although i havn't checked the gearbox oil yet. does anyone know if it's supposed to be really smooth or if what i describe is usual.
cheers everyone,
Dan
ZXturbo_Aura
My Cars:

Post by ZXturbo_Aura »

hi, ive got a TD aura, you ddnt say if yours was petrol or diesel??? well neway, my gear change is notchy too, ive bin told this is perfeclty normal, infact i prefer it over smooth changes, the ZX has a race like feel!lets you know its in gear confidently! could chnage the gearbox oil, could improve it though,
Dan
dieseldan

Post by dieseldan »

doh, sorry dan,
yeah it's a diesel. that's okay then, sounds normal.
cheers
dan
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

My new Xantia TD is notchy at best, and the cold weather does nothing to improve it. My other old Xantia TD was silky in comparison.
Paulee
My Cars:

Post by Paulee »

<font face="Verdana"></font id="Verdana">Hi Folks
I'm new to this so here goes...
I have a Volcane TD with 135,000 on the clock.The gearchange has become very notchy over the last 20,000 and is worse in cold weather but eases when the engine/gearbox warms.It actually feels more direct than when I got the car at 75,000 ! is this a problem ? any idea's
I have been told not to bother changing the gearbox oil by several garages , any help would be appreciated.
cheers....Paul