£800 xantia vsx and keypad problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

guzzidom

£800 xantia vsx and keypad problem

Post by guzzidom »

Ok I've just bought a '94 Xantia vsx with full citroen service history and only 68k genuine miles, everything works as it should, all handbooks and history are with it and it is basically as new, why was it only £800?, whats wrong with them , is it due to explode in the next few miles or something?. one fly in the ointment being that the previous owner has "cleared" the keypad and I don't know the number, how can I program my own digits in?, also where is the outside temp sensor and what the hell are those little grilled 10mm apertures by each mirror?
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

>how can I program my own digits in
Hmm, this might be best left alone, as if the code is not set to 0000 at the moment and you wake it up, you might never be able to start the car again!
>where is the outside temp sensor
On the bottom of the driver's door mirrir IIRC
>what the hell are those little grilled 10mm apertures by each mirror
Ultrasonic movement sensors for the alarm.
Hope the Xantia serves you well!
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Is the keypad unplugged, if it is you must not plug it back in, doing this will change the state of the immobiliser electronics on the injection pump if diesel, in the ECU if petrol, then you would need a code to restart the engine, since you don't have the code you would be well and truly stuffed.
You need to find out more about what has been done to it before you meddle with it.
Dave
guzzidom

Post by guzzidom »

Thanks for the posts people,, aah got an alarm has it?, I've only got the spare key at the moment with the other one coming through the post but apparently that hasn't got the remote armer on it, how do you set it (is it armed anyway, upon locking the vehicle?), as for the keypad it is definately attached (it lights up tempting me to punch in numbers) but all that happens is it bleeps four or five times when I turn off the ignition.
Dom
Jeez Richard, Velocette eh', I thought I was a Luddite what with the Guzzi.
myheadhurts
My Cars:

Post by myheadhurts »

I had a similar problem with my xantia,the keypad had been disconnected so rather than mess with it I binned it and replaced with the storage tray fitted inplace of keypad.
Didn't like the key pad anyway,my polos kept rolling off it.
born2die
My Cars:

Post by born2die »

sorry to rehash an old thread I have four numbers the same as my code but when i go to reprogram the code via the handbook method ie enter code press c etc when i press c nothing happens and I cant change the code???? is it as I assume in service mode or is best kept to the theory if it aint broke. I do however need to input the code to get the car started
meexi
My Cars:

Post by meexi »

Hi,
Try this link http://www.codeman.org/keypadsD.htm it may help