xantia return pipe check

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mustican05
My Cars: Xantia 2.0i VSX 1997

xantia return pipe check

Post by mustican05 »

Hey guys
I have a responsibility to friends who are knowledgeable about Citroen Hydractive Suspension. I removed the Hydractive suspension ecu from the vehicle. Without the Hydractive ecu in my car sometimes I was soft and I sometimes had a hard driving impression. So I think it's a problem like a blockage in the suspension system. How do I control the suspension hydraulic pipes? I want to check the return hoses, especially.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: xantia return pipe check

Post by CitroJim »

With the hydractive ECU removed the hydractive electrovalves will not power up/operate so the car will be in hard mode always.

This is not good as the suspension will be very hard.

Blockages in the system are very rare and would have a much more obvious effect such as the height being incorrect and not levelling properly with changing loads, the manual height control lever being non-functional or the car sinking and refusing to rise, maybe just at the front or the back... LHM is always circulating which again tends to protect against blockages.

One thing that can cause a kind of blockage is if the filters inside the LHM tank are very dirty. It is always worth cleaning those...

The only other place I have seen accumulations of debris is in the height correctors but such dirt makes them sluggish (slow) to work rather than stopping them completely.

Why did you remove the hydractive ECU? Is it causing a problem? If so, I am sure we can assist you in resolving the problem.

If you are going to leave the ECU out of use permanently then replace all corner suspension spheres with those intended for a non-hydractive Xantia.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
mustican05

Post by mustican05 »

My car is not connected to Lexia. For this reason I have sent a xantia user who is connected to Lexia for testing. The problem is whether my vehicle is in the electrical system or in the ecu. I am waiting for this test result. My suspension is sometimes soft and sometimes hard when ha2 ecu is absent. I cleaned the lhm tank filtration. I think the return hoses may be crushed.Can I test it?

SM-N9000Q cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
mustican05

Post by mustican05 »

Do you see the warning lamp on the screen when you disconnect the ha2 ECU connection? Is there a gas warning light, a handbrake warning lamp and a seat belt warning lamp on an interesting seat on my vehicle? I checked the lamps on the screen are solid. I think there's a relay to be connected with, I guess can we find it?

SM-N9000Q cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

mustican05 wrote:Do you see the warning lamp on the screen when you disconnect the ha2 ECU connection? Is there a gas warning light, a handbrake warning lamp and a seat belt warning lamp on an interesting seat on my vehicle? I checked the lamps on the screen are solid. I think there's a relay to be connected with, I guess can we find it?

With the Hydractive ECU disconnected there will be no warning light on the dash.

There is a low fuel (gas) warning light within the fuel gauge.

There is a handbrake warning light

UK market Xantias don't have seat belt warning lamps but ones, like yours, destined for other markets, may well have.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...