C5 phone.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

C5 phone.

Post by qprdude »

I have the crappy old non Bluetooth phone prep. A pull out tray for the SIM card. When I put it in the directory has three of my contact numbers on it
A few years ago, when I used the car phone ( I only use it on long journeys if I'm on my own) I had a full contact list show up on the car directory. Off I went to O2 to have the contacts list transferred from the android memory to the SIM card. (can't transfer the numbers on the phone). At O2, they copied the numbers to a laptop using some kind of software (I had already tried just copying to my laptop and pasting to the SIM ). All the numbers showed up on the Sim card so I shoved it into the car phone slot. Just the same three saved numbers! This only happened since I got a new Phone last year....... I think most of you have guessed the problem.......The car system won't recognise the Sim card contacts, because it is 4g. The old phone was 3g and it worked fine. I had used it to make just three calls, so they are in the car directory, but I can't load, or see any more because it's no longer compatible. Oh well, next car will have Bluetooth.
On that subject, I might have to go Korean. I've taken a fancy to the Hyundai i40 estate. It's a sluggish bugger, but it has definitely got the looks. Not at all boxy like the Mercs and BMW's. I tried a C Class Merc estate and it was a bit like sitting in a cattle float. Hard shiny leather seats, with virtually no bolsters, plane centre console and truly uninspiring dash. Not a pleasant place to be as far as I'm concerned. Can't find a DS5 or a Citroen DS5 within my budget . I have a few weeks before a change needs to be done, but the Hyundai is currently hot favourite. (with Bluetooth of course) :oops:
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Re: C5 phone.

Post by demag »

After reading this I looked on the bay to see Bluetooth units for the early C5 are about 70 quid! Why is that then?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Probably because the standard early C5 head units were pretty basic and didn't have GSM capability (unless you had the SE Spec. and Nav etc), so the aftermarket units have to do all the processing and may be voice controlled as there are no steering wheel controls for answering calls etc...
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

I have the x7 exclusive spec, with colour sat nav.
Rick.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I got that Rick, just in response to Dave's query re earlier C5s like the Mark I :wink:

I've assumed you're changing the car now, so aren't looking for a solution for your X7?
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

Hard to get rid of the Citroen. Without going to (unaffordable) premium cars, there's not a lot on the market that comes close to my X7. Still, technology has moved on and even an old git like me needs to keep up sometimes.
Only two cars come near. The Citroen DS5 (can't afford the new DS without the Citroen chevrons) and the Hyundai i40 estate. The i40 has to be the estate, as you would just about manage to post a letter through the boot opening on the saloon!. Another way the C5 has spoiled me with the concave rear window alloying a far bigger boot entry.
Rick.

DHallworth
Donor 2023
My Cars:

Post by DHallworth »

I agree Rick, Cheryl and I were talking about the C5 and 407 Coupe today actually. Both of ours are 3.0 HDI's and without spending some serious money, there's nothing on the market that we'd replace them with!

We spent £1500 on the C5 earlier this year having it gone over with a tooth comb so it's driving beautifully now, we'll do the same with the 407 later this year and then hopefully both will be good for the next few years.

David.
'98 Xantia Activa V6 :-D
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'09 C5 2.7 HDi Exclusive
‘10 C5 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'12 C6 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'15 C4 BlueHDi Feel