car totaly dead now C5

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: car totaly dead now C5

Post by GiveMeABreak »

nod wrote:Ok thanks for all the ideas, I am having a go at it again this afternoon.
To go through the procedure of connecting the battery I cant open the windows so is it good enough just to leave the drivers door open

The principle is that the car's electronic network, BSI and ECUs need to go to sleep before disconnecting the power to ensure correct operation. The same when connecting the power back - you need to wait for them to reinitialise themselves. Normally, the system can't sleep if one of the doors is open as this keeps the system active. In your case however, you don't have a choice, so the important thing is to just see if you can get the power issue resolved first. Then once you have power back to the vehicle, you can always do the BSI reset procedure again. If you are going to connect a new battery though, always keep the doors shut (bonnet open is ok) and wait a good few minutes before opening the door.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Just a thought, I suppose you put the maxi fuse back in the correct position, only if it doesn't have electric seats it has a spare one.

Peter
nod
My Cars:

Post by nod »

Hi,
I bought a multi tester today and the battery is showing 12.8v, so that indicates the battery is OK? I went to check the fuses again and when I lifted the fuse tray up to check the maxi fuses as I got my fingers under the tray I noticed the plastic box that all the wires go into seems a little loose, I pressed them back together and put it all back very carefully, all the maxi fuses were OK and I also bought some contact spray and gave it all a little squirt. Put it all back together and still nothing ??? Could it be the fuse holder?
nod
My Cars:

Post by nod »

Well finally got the old tub started, my fault, when I lifted the fuse tray in the engine compartment to check the maxi fuses I undid the nut that holds it in and I was concentrating so hard to lift it out carefully that I didn't notice the cable under the nut come off the post and drop down behind the battery. doh. car running o know but still got the serious suspension fault light coming on going over speed bumps, on a flat road it rides perfectly ?
thanks for all the help anyway, but it think the car is going to be traded in soon, had enough.