zx lazerline alarm

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ZXturbo_Aura
My Cars:

zx lazerline alarm

Post by ZXturbo_Aura »

hi,
im awaiting delivery of my new lazerline alarm, i think it has a negative output for the central locking, will this be easy to fit into my zx?i know theres a recent post about the CL but obviously not for this alarm, any advice on the lazerline greatly recieved,
regards
Dan
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

AFAIK all earlier Citroen (& Peugeot) CL systems works exactly with negative (ground) as activating inputs [;)]
Guru Meditation

Post by Guru Meditation »

I have just bought an alarm myself, see this topic;
http://andyspares.com/discussionforum/t ... IC_ID=5576
I may be attempting to fit it this weekend, I too intend to interface it with the central locking. There doesn't seem to be much info about the ZX C/L controller around. We do know it is negative trigger. I don't know about the alarm you've bought but the alarm I bought has one wire that is there to control stuff like c/l but the wire alone is not enough to control the locking-the locking needs some kind of pulse for about 0.5 sec to trigger it either way-the wire from the alarm is used to control an additional central locking interface or some kind of relay based system (see Russell's very informative posts in the other thread). I've bought an additonal component, a central locking interface, for £15 which should be all I need, I've just got to figure out how to wire it up!
I'll let you know how I get on if I attempt to fit. If the above doesn't make much sense maybe somebody who knows auto electrics well or the ZX system specifically can improve on/translate the above.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

gm -
Last time I fitted an alarm to in-laws Fiat Punto - I found 2 opposite activating outputs from the alarm box. In the documentation found that these could be changed from a pulse trigger to a level trigger.
I think this is kind of common standards on alarm systems - to suit all common needs for various car's CL systems.
ZXturbo_Aura
My Cars:

Post by ZXturbo_Aura »

got my laserline alarm and have started fitting it, seems a good quality alarm. the central locking output consists of several wires with a diagram explaining fitting in the manual, hopefully all will be ok!
will keep you posted,
Dan