any bits of a S2 Xantia diesel that might fit a C5 mk2 diesel?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

any bits of a S2 Xantia diesel that might fit a C5 mk2 diesel?

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

Hello. I wonder if I could draw upon your marvellous mechanical knowledge of the S2 Xaintia 1.9td and the Mk2 C5 2.0l hdi? I am about to embark on stripping my old S2 Xantia to support others in keeping their cars going but I can't help wondering if its worth keeping some parts for my C5 I wonder if the alternator might fit the C5 or would the pulley be wrong for the car? And if there is anything else that might save me a few quid in years to come. Your advice would be great fully recieved . thanks in advance
Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: any bits of a S2 Xantia diesel that might fit a C5 mk2 diesel?

Post by Peter.N. »

Very little I would imagine, if it was a 2.0. Hdi it would have many parts in common with a Mk1 C5. There is a possibility that the starter and alternator might be the same but I have my doubts even about that. They are three engine generations apart.

Peter
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

OK thanks just a handful of big 40amp fuses then.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Yep I would think they would work :wink:

Peter
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I'd say there was nothing significant at all...

Bulbs perhaps...

Nigel, why don’t you offer the car for sale as a going concern rather than going to all the fuss of breaking it?

After all, you quickly moved the VSX ;)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
falling-out-with-my-car

well someone needs the headlamps
and someone buying a vsx probably needs the cooling fans and fan housing.
so there wont be much left for a restorer to restore.
shame really she starts up on the button every time a little smokey though for the first five minutes.
she had a new heater matrix fitted three years ago a new clutch last year, new driveshaft's and glow plugs.

the engine needs some work I think the turbo seal has gone its burning a very small amount of sump oil
half a cup a week. the turbo still works she goes like a train and the cooling system all works fine.
she needs a new heater fan motor or brushes fitting to the current one it can be dismantled.

I think if I'm going to sell another car its probably going to be the 2cv at a loss for a couple of grand to pay for adaptations to my C5
probably the sensible move.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Nigel I'm happy to forego the headlamps if it means you can sell it for a few much-needed portraits of the Queen...

I can see James OK for fans if he needs them ;)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
yannbeam
(Donor 2022)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 07 Picasso 1.6 95 Xantia VSX 97 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive Xantia 2.0tct Estate Talbot Sunbeam TI

Post by yannbeam »

What lights are you after Jim ? I have a set of S1 lights if they are any good to you.
Ian
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Thanks Yann! S2 lights, just for stock/spares for Gabriel... I have no end of S1 headlights ;)
Jim