citroen xsara picasso cruise control fit?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

fv43576

citroen xsara picasso cruise control fit?

Post by fv43576 »

My wife want to buy a Citroen Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDI 90 Exclusive it is harder to find it with cruise control. Do this car the range Exclusive have cruise control connect behind the cover for it ready to fit the stalk? or need to wiring up???
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: citroen xsara picasso cruise control fit?

Post by RichardW »

Providing it's a 2003 is or later with the COM2000 stalk unit, then it should just be a case of plugging in the control switch (loads on e-bay), cutting a slot in the steering cowl, then configuring it with Diagbox. Some 1.6 HDis do not have the functionality in the ECU so cannot be converted. If buying a Xsara Picasso check the sills for rot - they rot from the inside out for fun - if not rotten then make sure the drain holes are clear, and preferably protect them with Waxoyl or similar.
Richard W
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I did manage to get a CC stalk from a Picasso, so I know it has the option. You will need to check whether it has the related brake switch. I do NOT know if the brake pedal has the same layout as a C5, but on my C5 I had to look in the passenger foot well for the switches. There are a couple of possible options. The first is there are two pairs of wires, one ending in a white plug (connected to a white switch), with the other pair ending in a red plug (which may be connected to a red switch. If it is not you will need to get the red switch and ancillaries, as it is the one that disconnects the cruise control when you tap the brake pedal), or there could be four wires ending in one plug connected to a dual pole switch.

So long as you have that circuit ending in a switch all you will need is a cruise control stalk, and access to a Lexia system (there are forum members who have such equipment, and are willing to help. Here is the link; https://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/ ... 19&t=56452 ), as the car will need to be 'told' it now has cruise control. Again, on my C5 all I had to do to enable the cruise control was to go into the menu relating to the drivers module, change the cruise control option from absent to present, save the setting, test it (through the Lexia), and voila! job done.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
fv43576

Post by fv43576 »

Thank you for reply, I shall have to look at it when we go to used car dealer.