C5 2008 Auto gearbox behavior

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Florrynel
My Cars: Citroen C5

C5 2008 Auto gearbox behavior

Post by Florrynel »

Hi all. I have my 2008 C5 with a AM6 gearbox for 6 mounths now and it`s great i love it :D but quite for a while now the auto gearbox have a strange behavior. The thing is that after i whait for a while at a trafic light in Drive when i lift the brake pedal the car moves as normal but immediatley the is a kick as the car gain speed without presing the gas pedal. If the waiting time in drive mode is lower (unde 6-7 second) the car drive off smoouth without any kick. So the box kicks only if i whait for a longer period in Drive. I tried to put in on neutral on the trafic light and when i put the gear lever in D from N it drive off smoothly with no kick.
I tried even in Reverse but it drives smoothly.
I need to mention that the kick is not hard, it`s just like when you lift the cluch pedal a bit fast on a manual box and it not make it all the time ! The gear changes are smooth as normal.
Is something wrong with the gear box or is just normal to be like this ? When wainting in D for a long time the box goes intro a auto N mode or something like that ?
Will a part oil change can do any beter ?
Thank you and please excuse my english :D
Xantippa
My Cars: Now:
C5 X7 HDi 240 Exclusive Tourer
ZOE 22kwh Intense
Before:
C4 1,6 Coupe Automatic
C5 X7 HDi136 Exclusive Sedan A
Xantia HDi110 Berline
Xantia 1,8SX Berline

Re: C5 2008 Auto gearbox behavior

Post by Xantippa »

Broken gas pedal causes AM6 to behave badly. You should read fault codes and if there's some indication relating to gas pedal, just change it.
Florrynel
My Cars: Citroen C5

Post by Florrynel »

Thank you for your answer. I do not think it`s got something to do with the gas pedal because the kick is hapening when i lift my foot off the brake pedal without presing the gas pedal.
furriegurrie

Post by furriegurrie »

Depending on how severe the kick is, this is normal behaviour. The box indeed switches tot some sort of neutral when stationairy with your foot on the brake. Lifting off engages gear again. This happens with a small delay, if you wait for it to engage it happens pretty smoothly. If you already press the accelerator while it is in the process of engaging this happens more noticebly
Xantippa
My Cars: Now:
C5 X7 HDi 240 Exclusive Tourer
ZOE 22kwh Intense
Before:
C4 1,6 Coupe Automatic
C5 X7 HDi136 Exclusive Sedan A
Xantia HDi110 Berline
Xantia 1,8SX Berline

Post by Xantippa »

On mine AM6 didn't work as it should even when driving (or accelerating) with cruise control on, without touching gas pedal. So it's still possible that it's faulty.