Xantia fall down then open the door help me

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mustican05
My Cars: Xantia 2.0i VSX 1997

Xantia fall down then open the door help me

Post by mustican05 »

Hi friends
I have problem in my xantia.my xantia sometimes sport or soft during stop.if it is working i open the door xantia fall down and then raise again and come to drive mode.my car as like fall down to space.why my xantia fall down then open the door?please help me.
Xantia hydractive 2 vsx automatic 2.0 8v 1997

SM-N9000Q cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Re: Xantia fall down then open the door help me

Post by xantia_v6 »

Welcome to the forum.
I think that English is not your first language, and maybe I miss a few details of your description, but I think that what you are seeing is common behaviour of Xantias with hydractive suspension.

With hydractive suspension, the path to the centre spheres is controlled by the hydractive valves. During normal driving the valves are only closed for a short period, so the pressure in the hydractive sphere nearly matches the pressure in the corner spheres. But when he vehicle is parked, the valves can be closed for a long time, and the pressures may not be equal. So when the hydractive valves open, LHM rushes into or out of the centre spheres, causing the suspension to jump (usually down).

We would need a more detailed description to tell if the behaviour of your car is normal or not.
mustican05

Post by mustican05 »

Thanks for your reply. Yes my main language is not english. It does it when it shows it as hard character in general. You can watch it in more detail.

mustican05

Post by mustican05 »

I also hear the valve opening sound when I park the car (stopping the engine). Should not it be in normal driving mode while driving?

mustican05

Post by mustican05 »

I think it is a mistake in the data going to the suspension. My car should be in soft mode whatever my car is under 24 km.If the vehicle has been lifted or lowered or the door is opened when the vehicle is still running, the vehicle responds to the same drop.

mustican05

Post by mustican05 »

I think the gas pedal potentiometer sends faulty data. According to the system operation of yesterday, I say that it may cause only gas pedal to pass in sports mode under 24km.

mustican05

Post by mustican05 »

May i find gas pedal potentiometer?

mustican05

Post by mustican05 »

Please tell me. how can i check gas pedal potentiometer without lexia? My xantia dont connect lexia. Or how can i find connection fault connect the lexia?

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

mustican05 wrote:Please tell me. how can i check gas pedal potentiometer without lexia? My xantia dont connect lexia. Or how can i find connection fault connect the lexia?
I would determine why Lexia does not work with your car first. The problems you have really will be easier to resolve with the aid of a Lexia diagnosis... It is very difficult to properly test things like throttle potentiometers without a Lexia.

What problems exactly do you experience when trying to connect a Lexia? Can it communicate with any ECUs at all?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
mustican05

Post by mustican05 »

New version lexia did not connect to my xantia.Our engineer tell me old version lexia may connects to your car. Your thing possible?

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

mustican05 wrote:New version lexia did not connect to my xantia.Our engineer tell me old version lexia may connects to your car. Your thing possible?
Yes, very possible... Also it is worth trying an ELIT Diagnostic machine if you can find one. They are earlier than the Lexia and are very reliable and will often work where a Lexia will not.

Is your Xantia a Series 1 with the 30 pin Diagnostic Socket or the Series 2 with the 16 pin Socket?

If the 30 pin socket we do know that many newer Chinese Clone Lexias do have great difficulty in connecting to those due to possible wiring errors in the cable between the car and the Lexia...

The older Lexias do not suffer this fault quite so much.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
mustican05

Post by mustican05 »

My xantia series 1.do not have obd.where do i find elit from?

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

mustican05 wrote:My xantia series 1.do not have obd.where do i find elit from?
Old long-established Citroen dealers may still have one perhaps...
Jim

mustican05

Post by mustican05 »

If I get out f8 fuse dont fall down.f8 fuse =hydractive suspension work? Or for only door switch

Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

A sudden change in height when you open a door is likely to be a faulty back EMF diode in one or both electrovalves.

The electrovalves that control soft/hard switching of the suspension are powered on by the ECU when the suspension should be in soft mode.

Normally the ECU applies a full 12 volts for half a second then switches to a pulse width modulated waveform with an average voltage of 3.3 volts to hold the electrovalve open at reduced power consumption. (Otherwise the coil would overheat and burn out with a continuous 12 volts)

There is a reverse connected back EMF diode inside the brown plastic coil sleeving of the electrovalve that commonly fails. When this diode fails the electrovalve still switches to soft for the initial half second but then falls back to hard again when it should remain in soft.

So most of the time the car remains stuck in hard mode but every time the ECU tries to switch from hard to soft it momentarily switches to soft, this allows the pressure to equalise so you get a sudden change in ride height, then it goes hard again. When the suspension stays stuck in hard mode for a long time it can cause the pressure between middle and strut spheres to not be equalised.

The standard fix for this is to fit a suitable reverse connected (anode to ground) back EMF diode for each electrovalve in the wiring loom inside the black ECU plastic box. You'll find several threads on this forum describing this fix.
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive