Xantia Coolant Change

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Xantia Coolant Change

Post by CitroJim »

kiwifrog wrote:So when you say heater " matrix " are you referring to what we call the heater " core " ? ( as in radiator core )
Yes, the heater core is what we call the matrix but the bleeder will be on the hose going to the connector on the bulkhead...

As Stu says, it's hard to get to and as I say, don't touch it unless it's been loosened on a regular basis... They are delicate!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Re: Xantia Coolant Change

Post by elma »

My 1.9tds have either had just that one or that one and the one on the matrix connector.

Wear washing up gloves with thermal ones underneath if you don't want burnt hands, the coolant likes to scald you when you try to put the cap back on.

I also don't think there is any need to touch the heater matrix one unless it has an airlock.

The official Xantia coolant refill procedure isn't very good. My preferred way is to fill it up, turn on engine and top up further with that bleed valve open, close the bleed valve. Then go for a drive until the thermostat opens, then top up coolant as you will magically be missing about 0.5 -1.0 litres after the thermostat opens.