Citroen Relay 1400D 2.4diesel 2001

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

nomic
My Cars: citroen relay
mazda rx-8
toyota celica

Citroen Relay 1400D 2.4diesel 2001

Post by nomic »

hi guys im new to the forum so bare with me

i purchased a Citroen Relay 1400D 2.4diesel 2001 off flebay with several issues so before i go replacing everything im looking for known faults and remedies

rev counter has stopped working ?
wipers not working (suspect motor or wiper lever on steering wheel)
battery not charging (suspect alternator)
indicator lights on clocks not working?
missfires when cold with chuffs of blue smoke "OIL" then once warmed up runs ok until under load than randow missfires with chuffs of blue smoke not frequently.

anyone able to advise me any before i start rebuilding this beast

thank you in advance

also i have a lexia 3 so if you are local and need any help with a diagnostic give me a shout
Bick

Re: Citroen Relay 1400D 2.4diesel 2001

Post by Bick »

You will have to rely on you fault codes and go from there. With the electrical issues you have it may pay you to get it into a auto electrician as it may well be a wiring or electronic issue rather than the components themselves. Ask yourself the question if it was a easy repair why has it not been fixed and sold for a higher price?
nomic
My Cars: citroen relay
mazda rx-8
toyota celica

Re: Citroen Relay 1400D 2.4diesel 2001

Post by nomic »

im putting it on the diagnostic today
i charged an old spare battery last night and put it on the van the rev counter has started working but not registering the idle it is an old battery and probably not holding the best charge the battery light is still on - on the dashboard i put my batyery alternator tester on it and its not picking andthing from the alternator.
indicator lights are working on the dashboard again since i put the charged battery on it like the rev counter so im guessing the alternator is screwed and its messing up a lot of the other features prob not enough volts/amps to required modules.

but im going to put my diagnostic on it in the next hour and see what its telling me