Xsara picasso Cruise control help

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

polis85b
My Cars: citroen xsara picasso 2006

Xsara picasso Cruise control help

Post by polis85b »

Can anyone help me to enable xsara picasso 2006 cruise control i have only the stalk install. do i need the clutch switch and the brake switch? . If yes how to know if i have them , and where to find them . thanks in advance for the help guys
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Xsara picasso Cruise control help

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I do not know if this will help, but on the C5 Mk1 there were three possible brake pedal switch configurations (although the wiring loom was in place). The first one was a single, white switch with a pair of wires in a white connector connected, and a hanging pair with a red connector. The second one was like the first, but there was a second, red switch fitted, with the red connector plugged in. The third one (my C5 has this one) is one switch, but with a single connector (with FOUR wires) plugged in (this switch is actually two switches in one moulding). I do not know where you would have to look on a Xsara Picasso for these, but on the C5 you had to look up in the foot well on the left hand side of the car.

Once you have the CC stalk fitted you will have to let the car know it is there (and this will need a Lexia session). On my C5 (2004) all I had to do was to select the driver switch, look for Cruise Control, and then switch it from either Disabled to Enabled or Absent to Present (I cannot remember which it was). Then I would suggest you check that the car 'sees' each button being pressed.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
polis85b
My Cars: citroen xsara picasso 2006

Post by polis85b »

My steering wheel is on the right so i have to check on the left ?
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I believe so. I had to do so on my C5. It might be worth checking in the engine bay first, to see where the master brake cylinder is, and then look in the cabin in that location. Although my C5 is right hand drive, it was originally designed for left hand drive, and that is where all the bits are (so there are linkages passing from right to left).

If you find that you have option 1 (brake switches) make sure to get the full red switch bits. This is a push to break switch (so will disconnect the Cruise Control when you press the brake pedal). I do not know how much this will cost.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!