CCC membership

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

CCC membership

Post by elma »

With the imminent return of my V6 I'm giving consideration to rejoining the CCC after probably about 10 years away from them.

I just wanted to ask people who are members what benefits and pleasures I can currently expect should I choose to join.

I understand the CCC has changed somewhat since I chose not to renew my membership and ultimately it should be a good thing for me, you and them if we are all members and they help us keep our cars on the road and enjoy ourselves.

Can I expect that nowadays? The website tells little to non members and in the past they promised the Earth then ignored you if you only owned a Xantia.

Please tell me thats all in the past and I'd be welcomed as a valued member to a club which I will enjoy (don't lie though just because I said please tell me).
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: CCC membership

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I used to be a paid up member James and also left about the same time! Even now, getting a response to a Forum issue is a complete waste of time. I'm still waiting to get an issue resolved and have given up and voted with my feet. I don't know what it is like there now, but I have no reason to re-join as I feel there is a certain level of conceit there by some who consider themselves to be a little elitist IMHO. The Club Shop has little to nothing in it and they were struggling to get meets in many rural areas. They have the ear of Citroen UK, but to be honest I can do without it. I am sure there are many nice people there, but it didn't come through very well in a lot of dealings I've had.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
elma

Post by elma »

Thats where I was at, I'm hoping the number of us doing that has changed them and I can return. A marque like Citroen should have a decent owners club. I get my fix of Technical and Social here but I sort of feel like something is missing without the CCC. I hope they have changed and look forward to hearing from current members.
mickeymoon

Post by mickeymoon »

I find more helpful, nice people here than I ever did at the CCC when I was a member some years ago.

They have a Facebook page. I'd have a good read of some of the threads and opinions on there if it helps make your mind up.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
My Cars: Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club (quietly sleeping in a parallel universe)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
others:-
'96 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the "donor"
'99 Jeep Cherokee Orvis - the green one
'97 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the red one
'99 Cadillac Seville STS
'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
& numerous what might be described as abandoned projects!

Post by van ordinaire »

Magazine's a good read most months but it's poor value compared with a national mag. on subscription.

I was only a member for a year, not greatly impressed & then they made it so difficult to renew I'd just had enough. Car clubs are supposed to be useful, fun & interesting - not so much hard work for a lot of grief!
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
others:-
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

is it telling only 4 have replied ?
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
elma

Post by elma »

Well I guess I can better invest my money in a new toy for the Dog. Hours of entertainment for us both and some exercise, not a single negative. Thanks for the replies, I'm quite shocked to find that still there are no happy members speaking up considering how many Citroen owners use this forum.
Lenny
My Cars: 1986 2cv Charleston
1986 2cv Special
2010 C5 2.0HDi Exclusive Tourer Auto
1992 VW Corrado VR6
1970 Vw Beetle

Post by Lenny »

I'm happy.
I'm not actively involved but I find the mag a good read I had a great day at the national meeting in the summer.
I don't ask for much more than that.
(I agree that their website is dead though)