C5 seats.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

milleplod
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 2.0HDi Exclusive Tourer
(Previously, in order....Dyane, 2CV6 x 3, Visa 1.7D, GSA estate, GS Pallas, CX TurboII, Picasso...all fondly remembered!).

C5 seats.

Post by milleplod »

If I were to replace my '09 Exclusive half-leather seats with the all-singing, all-dancing, heated/massage variety, would the electrickery be already in place ready to simply plug in? Or is it much more complicated than that?! :?

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: C5 seats.

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I suspect the wiring for the seats will be there - if memory serves Pete, you have the Half Leather with electric operation and memory positioning - but don't have the heated elements, the massage unit or in the case of Lane Departure Warning System, the vibrating units. The wires under my seats are bundles in a huge loom and clamped together so no way to tell you what is and isn't there. However, you would need to check the fuses in your handbook - I've just installed a front and rear dash cam in mine and thought, great, I can use some of the fuses for stuff on the Tourer model like the motorised tailgate - but no - no fuse there and no wiring to be seen. So you may have the fuse as you have the motorised seats - but need to check if G37 (20A) is there for the heated seats. In the book there is also G38 (Driver's Electric Seat), but there is also an F12 15A Driver's Electric Seat too - so this could be for another component.

The Driver's Seat ECU needs to be configured in Lexia to ensure that 'Full Leather' is selected, but not sure if it needs configuring anywhere else as yet. If you are thinking about getting one from a breakers - you must make sure is has the 'Seat Electronic Control Unit' and all of the switches and kit at the sides and under the seats - some breakers sell these components off separately as they cost a fortune - hence the hefty price tag for the full leather!
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
milleplod
(Previously, in order....Dyane, 2CV6 x 3, Visa 1.7D, GSA estate, GS Pallas, CX TurboII, Picasso...all fondly remembered!).

Post by milleplod »

Cheers Marc. As I suspected, quite possibly not as simple as I hoped! I'll give them a miss, I really can't be bothered with overly complicated fiddling! :)

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I need the small chrome finisher from the seat back on my leather seats as I popped the lug off accidentally leaning in the back, but when I saw that it's neatly £60 for a quality street wrapper sized piece of chrome - I thought dream on!
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
milleplod

Post by milleplod »

Trim bits can be stupid money, can't they! Funnily enought though, our last car (Merc R500SE) had a broken 3rd-row seatbelt retainer, a little plastic clip about 3" long - it wasn't really an issue it being broken, but it bugged me no end! I called in at the local dealer, expecting a new one to cost an arm and a leg. My credit card was on standby. 'That'll be £3.27 please sir'!! :shock:

Having said that, a new tailgate lock was £377, so they got their revenge! :lol:

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur.
Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Post by Old-Guy »

milleplod wrote:Trim bits can be stupid money, can't they! Funnily enought though, our last car (Merc R500SE) had a broken 3rd-row seatbelt retainer, a little plastic clip about 3" long - it wasn't really an issue it being broken, but it bugged me no end! I called in at the local dealer, expecting a new one to cost an arm and a leg. My credit card was on standby. 'That'll be £3.27 please sir'!! :shock:

Having said that, a new tailgate lock was £377, so they got their revenge! :lol:

Pete
And I thought £75 (list) for a C4 Picasso tailgate handle plus micro-switch was extortion! How long before someone in China decides to make replica handles, charge £10 a time on eBay, and become rich!
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

These airvents for a Bentley front wing will set you back >£1,000 :shock:
Attachments