Thermal Windscreen Protectors £2.99 at Lidl

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Thermal Windscreen Protectors £2.99 at Lidl

Post by Old-Guy »

Just had a promotional e-mail from Lidl - amongst a load of stuff I have no interest in, from Sunday they will have Thermal Windscreen Protectors £2.99 printed with suitably Arctic images! There appear to be two sizes.

Two winters ago, I bought a large one that was wide enough for the Xantia screen and is almost tall enough for the Grand C4 Picasso. It works well but isn't strong enough if it's at all windy. My trick was to hold the top in place with a length of strong, 1" wide, flat elastic (cost almost as much as the protector) tensioned inside with a length of cord. It needs to be strong but elastic to 'give' when you shut the from doors on it. The cord almost halves the length of expensive elastic needed (think I needed 2.5m). With the front doors open, tie the elastic in place, tuck the top of the protector under it, trap the bottom edge under the wipers, shut the doors and lock up - sounds obvious, but when you're tired and rapidly getting frozen...
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)
Richard_C
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue Hdi 120 Manual Excl+ 2016
C3 1.2 Puretech 110 Auto Flair 2017

Re: Thermal Windscreen Protectors £2.99 at Lidl

Post by Richard_C »

If you are into photography, they make excellent reflectors too.
Richard_C

Current: , C4 Picasso 120 BlueHdi, C3 1.2 Auto
Past Citroens: Dyane (x2), 2CV, Visa, BX (x2), Xantia, Xsara Picasso, C3 (x2) C5 X7 Tourer, Synergie 1.9TD, C1
Others: Hillman Hunter, Cortina Mk 1, Maxi, VW Type 2, Granada, SAAB 900, SAAB 9-5, R5 Gordini