XM not raising at rear.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Doc
My Cars:

XM not raising at rear.

Post by Doc »

Over the last week or so I have noticed the rear of my 1992/93 XM 2.1 SED Hatch does not rise. I then have to raise the suspension on the height control selector where the car dips at the front before slowly raising its rear end right in the air! I then have to select normal ride height before the car eventually levels out and can be driven. I have noticed the ride getting choppy on less than smooth roads but not uncomfortably so. Motorways are very smooth. Sport mode works great and the car corners flat. I think the system is hydractive 2 as it has Auto/Sport modes. The car has done 108,000 miles and has a full history. It recently had a new accumulator sphere.
Any suggestions greatfully received.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Hydractive 2 (HA2) systems was introduced with the arrival of the Xantia models - which is later than your XM. So your system is HA1.
The main difference between these 2 generations of the sophisticated hydraulic suspension - is how/when the computer controls the sport (hard) mode.
I suspect you have the common problem with the rear height corrector linkage. Simply needs to be greased.
Doc
My Cars:

Post by Doc »

Many thanks AndersDK, I will go and re grease the linkages.
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

At least you CAN grease them on an XM, you don't have to repair them first (as with Xantia)!
//NiSk