ZX 1.9D Head Bolts

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Andrew Robey
My Cars:

ZX 1.9D Head Bolts

Post by Andrew Robey »

Well, I've read a couple of other threads on the board relating to odd-sized head bolts being found in ZX engines, and with the luck I've had with my ZX I guess I shouldn't be surprised to find that the ones in mine bear no relation at all to the two types which Haynes list.
The bolts sit on 3mm washers - no spacers, and are just 112mm in length. The 'normal' types appear to be stressed bolts, with a thinner section allowing stretch to get the bolt tension right.
Mine, however, have no thinner section - just uniform thread all the way down. They have a torx T55 head, so I'm assuming are original fit..?
Two questions - firstly, am I right in assuming that, as these bolts do not stretch, that I can re-use them? Secondly, anyone like to hazzard a reasonably accurate guess as to what torque to tighten them to when the head goes back?
Or should I just get some new bolts and follow the BOL?
[?][?]
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Apparently the stretch type bolts can be used twice, and should be pop marked to indicate when they have, considering the price of a set I have never found this worthwhile, its best to follow the tightening sequence from BOL but make sure ist a late version not involving running the engine between steps.
Stewart