Plips to you!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Plips to you!

Post by demag »

Haha sorry to bring this back up again, I did mention it in Jim's blog but didn't want to make too much of a hijack attempt! :lol:

So when I bought the Synergie it came with one remote and one master (non remote) key. I also have the Citroen key code card which Richard had kept safe. It's the first one I've ever seen with any of the cars I've owned.

One of the tactile switches stopped working last week so I used the master key for a few days, I could unlock but not lock. I checked the remote and found a break on a soldered connection which I repaired today.
If I buy another remote (there are some on the bay) does it have to be a new non programmed one or can I get an old used one re programmed via Lexia?
It's an early rf system on this motor. I just thought it would be nice to have a couple of remotes and the master key.
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Plips to you!

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

It is likely (not certain, but likely) that an old key (but with a new blade) can be programmed to the Synergie. If the key fob looks like that for a series 2 Xantia that increases the chances you can use an old key fob.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-Xsara ... SwA3dYRZCI

The reason this should work is that (in the head of the key blade) is a small glass capsule that has an induction circuit in it. When the key is inserted into the ignition and turned, a coil around the barrel energises the circuit, and reads the code. If the code matches one held in the immobiliser memory the car will start.

You will need to do all the keys during a programming session. Any that are current but are missed will be 'forgotten' by the immobiliser circuits, and will not work until a new session is run and they are added back in.

The later Citroen key fobs are a one shot only device, which means that once they are coded to a car they are locked to that car. BenC5 did a comprehensive exploration of this.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!