Thanks for the advice

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

myheadhurts
My Cars:

Thanks for the advice

Post by myheadhurts »

Having bought a 97 xantia vsx td last week i came upon this forum by chance when trying to find out why the back end was stuck up in the air.Much searching of the forum later problem solved,the clamp on the rear antiroll bar was loose,2mins to tighten 4 hours to get the height right.So thanks to all of you,without this forum i'd still be scratching my head.
Now i'm thinking of changing some of the spheres as the hydractive suspension doesn't seem to work and the pump is ticking almost constantly also the suspension rises when you get out of the car but does not settle back to normal height,it then drops down when started again.I'm thinking the accumulater,antisink and hydractive spheres are knackered but can't decide if it might be easier to change all 8?.Any advice would be appreciated.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

I'd definately first try the accumulator sphere - down on front of engine block.
If that does not cure the fast ticking - then we're facing serious talks with your Xantia.
In some cases the acc. sphere also affects the hydractive suspension - a further reason to take it step by step.
Replacing the acc. sphere is easy as DIY & also gives you a chance to catch the ins & outs handling such work - a must for any hydraulic Citroen owner to save £££'s on DIY service.
The acc. sphere is approx £20 from GSF.
myheadhurts
My Cars:

Post by myheadhurts »

Thanks Anders I'll try that one first then take it from there<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by AndersDK</i>

I'd definately first try the accumulator sphere - down on front of engine block.
If that does not cure the fast ticking - then we're facing serious talks with your Xantia.
In some cases the acc. sphere also affects the hydractive suspension - a further reason to take it step by step.
Replacing the acc. sphere is easy as DIY & also gives you a chance to catch the ins & outs handling such work - a must for any hydraulic Citroen owner to save £££'s on DIY service.
The acc. sphere is approx £20 from GSF.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">