V6 Coolant Bottle and Inlet Manifold Gasket

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

V6 Coolant Bottle and Inlet Manifold Gasket

Post by elma »

I'm having a great deal of trouble getting hold of a V6 Coolant Bottle and Inlet Manifold Gasket. I've rung 5 Citroen dealers and have been told the gasket is impossible to get by all. Not one of them is willing to check French stock etc like they did to get my strut tops for the Vsx. In fact 2 of the 5 dealers were awkward and unhelpful from the moment I said Xantia.

Can anyone advise where I may find a pair of these gaskets?

Also the coolant bottle I have 3 different prices from £50-85 plus vat and 4 part numbers. Can anybody please confirm the part number for the bottle and the price on Service Citroen.

Vin Number is: VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Re: V6 Coolant Bottle and Inlet Manifold Gasket

Post by Stickyfinger »

If you want the Expansion tank, I think one of the TD's had the same.....if the "Degass tank", forget it it is NFP.

I think I got one of the last of the inlet gaskets, it had to come down from up north....You can make your own (I also have a traced pattern if really needed)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
elma

Post by elma »

Degass tank is sorted, I found a metal one with the correct dimensions and fittings that'll go in it's place.

I like the diy gasket and will order the material after my dog walk, just had a quick scan of the video rather than a watch.

Expansion tank I am after, I don't believe Citroen though with their different prices and them telling me it's expensive because it is very large. I had a look at the one in the car and I think it is tiny for a coolant bottle. I could do with the part number though, ordering by vin/reg/rp doesn't seem to be working currently. This is the most urgent item as it has been leaking and the coolant has signs of stop leak in it.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Also on the TURBO DIESEL XUD11BTE (S2), got a link to the degass tank you used ?

£50.82 on CitService
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
elma

Re: V6 Coolant Bottle and Inlet Manifoqld Gasket

Post by elma »

Thank you.

I'll link to the degass tank when I'm home with the laptop. Haven't ordered it yet, found it searching "aluminium water swirl pot".

The part number for the expansion bottle would be very handy if possible.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

1307 HT ENGINE WATER EXPANSION CHAMBER
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

elma wrote:I'm having a great deal of trouble getting hold of a V6 Coolant Bottle and Inlet Manifold Gasket. I've rung 5 Citroen dealers and have been told the gasket is impossible to get by all. Not one of them is willing to check French stock etc like they did to get my strut tops for the Vsx. In fact 2 of the 5 dealers were awkward and unhelpful from the moment I said Xantia.

Can anyone advise where I may find a pair of these gaskets?
Why do you need the lower intake gaskets ? Unless you are removing the heads or replacing the knock sensor there is no reason to remove the lower intake manifold gaskets, and they have been NFP for years now. If you just want to get the upper intake manifold off so that you can change the rear bank spark plugs or spark plug cassette or re-seal the camboxes you only need the upper cardboard gasket which is £5.10 and still available: (item 12)

Personally I would get a couple so you always have one spare at hand as although you will get away with one reuse if you're careful, you're not meant to reuse the gasket as the manifold does imprint heavily on it so it won't seal as well. And they are very easy to accidentally tear during disassembly, so I wouldn't take the upper manifold off without a replacement seal on hand if its your daily driver...(yes I have torn a couple)

The gaskets you were trying to obtain are item 13, but you won't need those.
Also the coolant bottle I have 3 different prices from £50-85 plus vat and 4 part numbers. Can anybody please confirm the part number for the bottle and the price on Service Citroen.

Vin Number is: VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
1307HT as Stickyfinger says.

That is a bit worrying, current price is £50.82 inc VAT, while they have been steady at £35 inc VAT from 2012 to 2014, when I last bought one. This suggests they may be nearing the end of their stocks of the expansion bottle.... :shock:

I notice that the upper intake gasket has gone up from about £2.50 to £5.10 as well in the intervening time. Good job I still have a couple of new ones tucked away. ;)

There's nothing special about that upper intake gasket though - a suitable replacement could be made from any good cardboard gasket material if it reached the point where they were no longer available.
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive