Central lockimg blip

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

xantaxi
My Cars:

Central lockimg blip

Post by xantaxi »

Help
My central locking remote has gone dead on my Xantia, tried new batteries, the fuse and cleaning both the plip and receiver, any suggestions anyone.
I would not be to bothered but the drivers door does not lock with the key.
Thanks
[|)]
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Only the driver's door fails to lock on the plip ?
- then one of the cables in the door-to-pillar rubber bellow most likely has sheared.
Try find the cable bundle right behind the pillar - then pull on each of the thin gauge wires to check them out.
xantaxi
My Cars:

Post by xantaxi »

No the plip does not work at all, the drivers door lock does not work with the key.
This prob has however occured since i took the panel off the drivers door.
Russell

Post by Russell »

When you say, "does not work", does does a key in the driver lock try to lock then the solenoids bounce it to unlock again, or is the lock mechanically broken.? Or something else.?
Anyway the plip not working could be
a) Plip broken
b) reciever broken
c) no power at reciever or problem due to corrosion.
I think that some people have reported water damage to the reciever if the rooflight leaks, could be difficult to spot.
C is my favourite as it's the cheapest and easiest.
Try firing the plip at a camcorder, you may be able to see the IR.
Or if you have a meter, you may be able to detect the Plip at some of the reciever connections.
best of luck
Russell [;)]
xantaxi
My Cars:

Post by xantaxi »

The key just turns round and round in the lock i think it is knackered (like the rest of the car ) I just tried the blip in a digital cam it does not seem to work.
Is this a reliable test, I also fired the TV remote and could clearly see it light on the camera screen. but only the red light on the plippin plip.
Thanks guys
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

The fact that the camera picks up the TV remote means it should pick up the signal from the plip. Sounds like your plip isn't firing.
Nikolaymk

Post by Nikolaymk »

Do you have the read light on the side of the plip when pressing buttons?
davey
My Cars:

Post by davey »

xantaxi, you should see the ir from the plip as russel pointed out on the camcorder - using the tv remote proves your camera can pick up ir ok.
i've repaired many of these plips in the past: they take a hammering in every day use and often suffer 'shock' damage, the most common fault ive found is dry (mechanically & electrically bad) solder joints that secure the ir led in the plip to the small cct board - very carefully (the board and components can easily be heat damaged) resolder them and try again ...
enjoy
blueboy2001

Post by blueboy2001 »

The key turning in the lock is usually a sign of a worn key. I got new key cut from the old one, and it made my drivers lock work fine.