C5 2.2 HDi 2003 Eolys Additive Reset Help Needed

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

xantom
My Cars: Renault 16 - my first car bought secondhand in 1980. Lasted a couple of months before dreadful rust brought it to an end.
Renault 18 estate petrol. Bought in 1981. only new car I've ever owned and only because it was tax free to Forces in Germany. Lasted 18 months before accident write off.
Renault 18 saloon petrol. bought in 1988. lasted 3 years before accident and repair cost ended it.
Xantia Esate TD. Bought in 2006. First Citroen and bought because of the suspension and potential to run on veg oil. Apart from a stint owning a doomed C5 estate I've owned nothing but Xantia TD saloons and estates since. All have Bosch pumps so veg oil since 2006 for me.

C5 2.2 HDi 2003 Eolys Additive Reset Help Needed

Post by xantom »

Still haven't got this C5 going and she's just a week away from being scrapped. I am sad about that but I really can't afford to have the big beast sitting rotting on the driveway. If she doesn't go, she's away. I have a lexia now and am slowly trying to learn how to make best use of it. The car comes up with the one consistent fault, that the Eolys fluid is below minimum. Does this immobilise the car? Everything else, the temporary faults, clear but this doesn't. Now, I filled the Eolys tank a while ago but was unable to get the car to recognise this so as far as the ECU is concerned it has squirted all of its fluid into the fuel tank. If this is an immobilising situation how can I get the ECU to recognise an Eolys fill, because it's still practically full, if I can't run the engine and this is, I believe, part of the resetting the level process. As ever, all help most gratefully received.
Tom
Tom
1998 Xantia Mk2 1.9TD Saloon
1996 Xantia 1.9TD Estate Mk1
(Previously Old Guy's)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: C5 2.2 HDi Immobiliser ECU - Where is it?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Tom, as this question is really a completely different issue, I have split it into a new Topic and renamed it to something more relevant to resetting the additive. Hopefully this will get people looking at it who may be able to help - as the old topic is really to do with your immobiliser issues etc :wink:
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
wurlycorner
My Cars: Two C5's...
Lots of CXs...
A couple of Xantia...
A C2...
Lots of Prelude's...
And a Sunny!

Re: C5 2.2 HDi 2003 Eolys Additive Reset Help Needed

Post by wurlycorner »

I believe you have to tell the car (via lexia) that you have refilled the eolys fluid - it doesn't recognise itself.
Have you explored all the settings for that?
--
Iain

1x '85 CX GTi Turbo s1 (metallic blue)
2x '85 CX GTi Turbo s2 t1 (metallic silver & grey)
'88 CX GTi Turbo s2 T2 (metallic light blue)
CX DTR T2 Safari (silver)
2x '96 Xantia Activa (Black & metallic green)
'01 C5 2.0 HDi LX Estate (Blue)