Permanent fault, blower return

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jaf
My Cars:

Permanent fault, blower return

Post by Jaf »

So the passenger heater blower on Fred has suddenly stopped completely. Fuses F5 and F21 are fine. Lexia states Permanent fault, blower return. Anyone had this and know what it is? Am thinking MC10 earth point or some burnt out connection?

Thanks.
Fred, a silver 1998 1.9TD SX Xantia.
Gwin, a white 1994 1.1 AX.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Permanent fault, blower return

Post by CitroJim »

Don't take too much notice of what Lexia says Jaf as I've seen this 'fault' even when the blower has been perfect...

Have a good read of this 'Sticky' as a first act of diagnosis. It contains wiring diagrams and much useful information...

https://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/ ... 19&t=24786
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Jaf
My Cars:

Post by Jaf »

OK Jim thanks, will have a look
Jaf
My Cars:

Post by Jaf »

Um. Took the fan out, little bit of scorching on the multiplug on the fat black wire. Cleaned it up a bit, put the fan back and it's working. Yay!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent :D often you can smell them burning a little when the fan is working hard...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...