Xantia Accessories Belt

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Xantia Accessories Belt

Post by DoubleChevron »

Hi Guys,
well I finished changing the cambelt eariler this week. I've just gone to put the accessories belt back on ... Well I've spent an hour out there now and I CANNOT see how the hell that belt ever fits around those pulleys. I didn't even give it a glance when I pulled the belt off as I was underneath looking at the cambelt covers and just removed the accessory belt tensioner while I was down there. The thought that I wouldn't be able to see how it wrapped around the pulleys (and in what order) never occured to me.
It must the most bloody intricate, torturous route that belt takes, 'cos I sure can't see how to get it back on.
Does anyone have a picture of how the belt wraps around the air-conditoner, hydraulic pump, crank shaft, tensioner and the extra pulley on a '96 8valve xantia.
I'm off to kick myself some more for not looking at this belt before I removed it (if I'd bothered to look at how intricate it's path was I would have taken a photo of it !!).
seeya,
Shane L.
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

It's ok guys,
I've figured it out !! That belt goes through some terrible angles ... I'm very surprised it lasts so long !!
Hey Norrie, it was your XM manual, it has the same accessory belt as the Xantia... I'd never have thought it was possible they'd run the belt through such extreme angles ....
seeya,
Shane L.