your views please on Mk1 C5 2.0 Hdi automatics please?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Re: your views please on Mk1 C5 2.0 Hdi automatics please?

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

Paul-R wrote:
falling-out-with-my-car wrote:... that was whey back when I had a 1800 twin overhead cam morris marina estate car.
What engine was that? The 1800s as standard were basically the ohv B series engine.
Its funny you should say that it was an ital engine the car body was 1979 but the engine ead much later.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

The Ital was basically a cosmetic tidy up and rename of the Marina. I think they changed the dreadful front lever arm dampers for telescopics as well but that was basically it. The engines remained 1.7 and 2.0 O series - which were sohc. I think the 1275 A series engine was still fitted as well.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Blimey an hour to change the c5 side light bulbs using an old sun visor mirror and torch now all I need is electric socks to warm my feet whilst I change the bulbs.no battery removal no bumper off what are these people on about online yes its difficult but patience gets it done and don't forget I've got Neuropathy in my hands and fingers can't feel a thing. The moaners should be ashamed of themselves..just think of all the fun you'll have not being pulled by Mr plod for having no sidelights. Definitely going to buy myself some long curved forceps though and keep them in the boot.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

falling-out-with-my-car wrote:Blimey an hour to change the c5 side light bulbs
I changed C5 bulbs once... Still haver the scars, mental and physical :twisted: :lol:

Worse car ever was a Volvo V40. Makes a C5 seem easy!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I never needed to remove the bumper for any headlight bulb changes on the MKII with Xenons - twiglet fingers & lots of swearing gets it done, oh and a pair of thin latex gloves help to grip everything and reduce the scars slightly!
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
falling-out-with-my-car

Very nice socks. I seem to remember people complaining about chilblains in their feet when they first came out. Can leave your feet quite itchy or sore depending on how it affects you.
falling-out-with-my-car

Paul-R wrote:The Ital was basically a cosmetic tidy up and rename of the Marina. I think they changed the dreadful front lever arm dampers for telescopics as well but that was basically it. The engines remained 1.7 and 2.0 O series - which were sohc. I think the 1275 A series engine was still fitted as well.
Well Paul it went like stink anyway I managed 100 mph nearly all the way back to Portsmouth from Truro in pouring rain once it was a really good estate car. Whilst I remember the body was bigger than the later models to. You could certainly tell the difference if you saw the early larger car and the later one from behind. Think perhaps it must have been some kind of facelift model.from the old to the new. The blue shiney ital emblem was on the cam covers but not on the front of the car.
Last edited by falling-out-with-my-car on 18 Dec 2016, 17:50, edited 1 time in total.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Heated socks... Now that might be good on my bike when it's well below freezing but for most of the time I need cooling socks.. Especially when running... I get very hot feet!
GiveMeABreak wrote: twiglet fingers & lots of swearing gets it done
That's just like me. I have real girly hands... One of my great assets when working on Citroens :D I have considerably smaller hands and fingers than my daughters...

I have small feet too... In fact I'm generally quite small everywhere... It's why I'm regularly mistaken for an anorexic.. :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
falling-out-with-my-car

Well my long fat numb fingers were fine and no injuries either. :roll: right now to get over that feeling of I'm climbing into an executive vehicle and I'm not dressed for the occasion I am very pleased with the radio as well. A very nice car all in all. Not missing the xantia estate yet which is looking rather sad on the driveway.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Nigel, I'm so delighted you are happy with your new car :D
Jim

falling-out-with-my-car

Attended a funeral at the crem this morning for the neighbour Arthur who passed away last week . Aruthur was more of a friend. To my Father really and of similar age. He lost his wife to dementia this year and lung cancer took him to be with her. had lots of nice comments from people how much they liked the car and for once I felt suitably dressed to drive it. Playing shaufer for family. Someone who shall remain nameless trod mud into.the passenger side foot well. So when I got home I bent down to pull out my nice new rubber floor mat and discovered a tray under the passenger seat and low and behold I found the manual for the car in this tray.
The eBay one may be up for grabs very soon. Sods law its been that sort of day today maybe it could be copied for the forum members as and when required for a small donation to the forum? just a thought.
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

ahh the passenger under tray, very useful idea, along with the 4 sunvisors ... :)
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

Ideas so good they dropped them for the X7! Cheapskates...
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

like they did with the bonnet lift ram...and the low screen wash warning....and door pockets that take more than a tissue wrapped around an old toffee
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting