Berlingo HDi Full story No Pics

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

>although seems a little hesitant at lower revs
My Dad found this on his Xsara HDi 90 when it was new. After 10,000 miles no such problems and it pulls like the proverbial from tick over[:D]. You just need to thrash it for a good few 000 miles to get it loosened up. Shame[8D]
pwatson
My Cars:

Post by pwatson »

"The headlamps are great on dip, bright and with a very sharp cutoff. But when you go onto Main, it puts the dip out and you get a massive dark area infront of the car. Inexcusable. I thought Citroen had stopped doing this after the 2cv and Gs."
Doesn't sound like mine - I think the full beam is excellent - but I'll have a look for the "dark area" tomorrow - I haven't noticed it before - my impression (going from BX to Berlingo) was that the dipped stayed on with main beam - no dark area. Will check
pwatson
My Cars:

Post by pwatson »

P.S. Loads of room for service pack, gloves, spare waterproofs, hat, sunglasses, map book, children, beer, wine, compass, sleeping bag, tent and Swiss army knife etc in Modutop!
Mads
My Cars:

Post by Mads »

I have also noticed a very slight hesitation at low rpm in my C3 1.4HDi, hope Richard W is right, that it will disappear after a few thousand miles [:)]. Apart from that, to me the 1.4HDi is a very impressive machine, with rock solid performance. On top it's very quite (you tend to forget it's a diesel) and being used to petrol prices and consumption, I almost look forward to feeding her with “cheap” diesel[;)].
Best of luck with your new Multispace 2.0 HDi
jkirkwood
My Cars:

Post by jkirkwood »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
The glovebox is now pathetic, you might fit a pair of gloves in but there isn't even room for the service book pack!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Based on my 2003 Berlingo Multispace 2.0 HDi, check under the driver's seat for a plastic slidey-in-tray-guide-thingy where the service pack fits nicely. There's also the storage drawer under the front passenger seat.
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

Gloveboxes have been pathetic since they started fitting passenger airbags. Can't have it all!