Cactus

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

harryp
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Forte HDI 110 hatch in wicked red, SORN
Exclusive HDI hatch in quartz, SORN
C4 Picasso Exc E, Wifes
Peugeot 207cc

Re: Cactus

Post by harryp »

Back to the Cactus.... :shock: Have had two on loan when wife's car was in for updating of boot motor and serviceing. The 1.6 diesel is ok, slightly noiser than her Picasso, but the 3 cly one we had was noisy and quite rough - (as I expected from a 3 cly TBH)! Yes it went if you wound it up (as per reception speak) but the turbo seemed to take a long time to kick in - not me driving BTW and wife is a gentle driver.... :) Her Picasso is a lovely car. I find it not as well "planted" as the Xant, but has all the toys and is quiet and comfy; guess the spec helps :wink:
Regards, Harry

2000 Nov Forte HDI 110 hatch in Wicked Red; currently SORN
2000 Mar Exclusive HDI hatch in Quartz; currently SORN
2013 C4 Picasso Excl E
Peugeot 207cc 1.6 Roland Garros
momag46
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 1999 Xantia V6

Post by momag46 »

Harry - If it's the latest version at Exclusive spec it has laminated glass all round bar the 4 ¼ lights

Maurice
1999 V6 Xantia
2014 C4 Picasso 1.6hdi Exclusive
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Estately wrote:I don't mind telling you how irritated I get when seeing clouds of blue smoke comming out of bus and other vehicle exhausts including the two wheeled variety, when we spend our hard earned on Eolys etc. Perhaps its an age thing.
Agreed! Even worse when you're a cyclist :twisted:
Estately wrote:On the Cactus topic i would like to see coarse wet and dry type material applied onto those door panels for the 'benefit' of the door edges of those who wang their doors open against other cars without a care in the world.
Good idea :wink:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
harryp
(Donor 2022)
C4 Picasso Exc E, Wifes
Peugeot 207cc

Post by harryp »

On the smoke issue, I found that driving the Xantia legally (!) and fairly gently, it seems that the catalyst does not work at all well unless it gets really hot. I put my foot down on a slip road a couple of years ago and the Merc behind me disappeared in a vast dark grey cloud :oops: ; and I had done 70 miles at 65-70. When I changed the exhaust (which had broken at the catalyst) I tapped it both ways on the ground and was rewarded with 2 piles of black soot! The MOT emissions are low, so it is not always the de-catted ones! Once the momentary cloud had gone, service as usual and no smoke. Just needed to clear its throat :wink: .
Regards, Harry

2013 C4 Picasso Excl E
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Not seen a hint of smoke out of my 1.9TD at all however I drive it...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
harryp
(Donor 2022)
C4 Picasso Exc E, Wifes
Peugeot 207cc

Post by harryp »

Should have said it was in the evening when smoke is more visible in the rear view. However this was exceptional and hasn't occurred since; but I make a point of giving it a blast every so often when thoroughly warm. At the moment the EGR is blocked, so another job before it goes back on the road. Looks as though a remove and light clean with the ubiquitous FBH should fix!
Still think the 3 cyl petrol cactus is rougher than the Xantia. The 1.6 diesel was fine.
Regards, Harry

2013 C4 Picasso Excl E