Oooer; anybody else seen this?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Oooer; anybody else seen this?

Post by alan s »

An Auction in Oz this week had this car for sale.
It obviously has popped a strut through the bonnet & is described as a "Structural or Economic write off" which effectively says it'll cost an arm & a leg to repair. Knowing the charges of some of our repairers, that's not hard to understand but the point of this posting is; I've heard of XMs doing this and BXs to a lesser extent, but over here I could count on one hand the number of them that have suffered this failure mainly due to the climate & roads being so much different to UK, Europe & oparts of Asia that have suffered the same fate, so it comes as a surprise to see it with a Xantia. How common has this been with the Xantia?
It's only out of academic interest that I ask, as this has sent a bit of a shock wave through our Xantia owners who thought they were exempted from this thrill!!
Alan S
http://www.fowles.com.au/photo.aspx?m=1471202&n=1&s=F
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Related to hot climate and partly some real bad roads in ozzie ?
I guess some owners have experienced this - but it's not a rumour on Xantiae around here in DK. May become a common problem as they grow older with the winter salt here ...
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

This is the point that has them all guessing Anders.
The car was auctioned in Sydney and looking at the photo I'd say it's a City car. Sydney has pretty good roads and a much cooler climate than where I am and by the looks of the paintwork I'd guess at it being a car that's normally kept under cover.
It was a 2 litre auto by the way.
For the record, I heard today that it pulled A$2100 at the auction but was moved by a forklift.
Alan S[;)]
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

The scarey bit ... It's a sister car to mine ... I'm certainly going to do something to contain the struts on mine incase they decide oneday to go for an excursion through the bonnet[:0]
seeya,
Shane L.