Xsara Boot Release (2003)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

chigurhm
My Cars: Citroen Xsara Desire

Xsara Boot Release (2003)

Post by chigurhm »

Hi,

I have recently installed a right click remote central locking kit with motors as I couldn't get the standard remote central locking to work, I think it might be a BSI issue.

The system comes with a boot release output wire and I have purchased the right click trunk release kit. I have watched an installation on Youtube and the lock/motor in my Xsara does not have a latch that I can attach the new motor to.

The frustrating thing with the boot is I have to have the ignition on before it will open, so I would like to install the boot release somehow to the new remote central locking.

Any advice would be most welcomed.

Thanks in advance

Mike
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Xsara Boot Release (2003)

Post by wheeler »

You need a positive pulse to open the boot lock, is your kit configurable to have a positive pulse ? If not you may be able to do it by adding an additional relay.
chigurhm

Post by chigurhm »

Hi Wheeler,

The manual says the remote central locking kit gives a positive output. The wire going to the lock and solenoid in the Xsara are pretty sealed and not as easy to workout as the doors.

If I extend the ouput wire where would this go to?

Thanks
Mike
chigurhm

Post by chigurhm »

This is the existing solenoid? that goes to button on the boot.

Would the extended wire from the central locking kit go to one of the terminal in here?

Thanks
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Errr thats the rear wiper motor. The boot release motor is integrated into the catch & has a three pin plug, will need to look up the pin number as i cant remember off hand.
chigurhm

Post by chigurhm »

Hi Wheeler,

I now know the following:
*that motor is the rear wiper
*the clear tube carries the liquid.

Didn't expect the rear wiper move when I injected 12V. ha
:rofl2:

The switch looks quite small I expected something different than that, probably bigger, I need to explore again.

The button does have a plug in it with maybe 3 wires I can't remember.
Thanks
Mike
chigurhm

Post by chigurhm »

I have just checked and there are two wires going into the button.

chigurhm

Post by chigurhm »

Looking at the wiring diagrams provided from Marc the photo above shows wires M6282 and 6282, I am not sure where the other 3 wires (you referred to earlier) go to?

wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

The three pin plug is on the catch assembly (6222) not the switch (6282). You need to give pin 1 of the 3 pin green connector the pulsed 12v to open the boot.
Alternatively you could also pick this wire up at pin 7 of the 16 pin black connector on the BSI.
chigurhm

Post by chigurhm »

Hi Wheeler,
Thanks for the info,the 3 pin plug is this in the wiper motor? I can't see anywhere else on the boot where the 2 pin plug goes to.
Also, is the BSI in the same place as the fuse box? There is a circular plug going into the fuse box with 10-20 wires in it?
Thanks
Mike
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

No, there is a 3 pin plug on the actual catch, the bit that holds the bootlid shut. Its inside the lid, you need to pull back the foam cover & look inside the tailgate.
chigurhm

Post by chigurhm »

Thanks again, you have been great help.

I never thought of looking down at the latch I have spent all the time looking up at the boot, what a dummy.
I will look into this tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Mike
chigurhm

Post by chigurhm »

Good Evening,

I can't thank you enough Wheeler for the information and advice, and Marc for supplying the wiring diagrams. I now have remote central locking on the 2 front doors and a boot release that work - I ran a wire to the pin you described and it worked. I haven't completed the rear doors yet as I need to strip then and try to fit the actuators, it was hard to fit them at the front and I don't know if there is enough room inside the rear doors. The wires are ready to go when I decide to do this.

My only issue now is when I turn the ignition on the BSI kicks in and unlocks the rears doors which is a pain, I am thinking of pulling the remote central locking fuse and this should solve that, but I don't know what the fuse number?

I had an idea of wiring the two wires from the rclick unit to the existing central locking but I am not sure if the existing actuators and central locking works in this way?

Thanks for your help guys.

Mike
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

Rather than make a new thread for this question, here seems like a sensible place to put it:

Currently trying to diagnose a non-functional boot release on a 2002 Xsara estate. The wiring diagram above is extremely helpful, and progresses me a fair bit further. Current tests done:

Boot release motor works if you jump 12V to cable 6229 at the motor end.
Relay can be heard clicking when you press the boot release button on the boot, or on the remote.
Voltage does not appear on cable 6229 when the relay clicks.

so, I'm assuming I either have a break in cable 6229 between the Body locking module and the motor, or fuse D has failed in the body locking module.

Biggest issue I appear to be having is gaining physical access to the body locking module. I *think* it's under the right hand side of the dashboard, but just cannot see how it's attached to gain sensible access to it and diagnose the problem. How on earth do you get it out?
This is not a signature.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Body locking module? Do you mean the BSI? If so, be very careful with that - as it's the brains in the vehicle and controls everything else....

In either case the diagram I supplied may not be suitable for your vehicle, as they depend on build date, model and architecture. Best post up your VIN so I can see if I have a more relevant one....
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc