Citroen Berlingo Radiator Cooling Fan

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

courierstu72

Citroen Berlingo Radiator Cooling Fan

Post by courierstu72 »

<font face="Arial"></font id="Arial"><font size="5"><font color="blue">Just some info some of you may find usefull. I had a problem recently with the radiator cooling fan running continuously on my Berlingo van (even with the ignition switched off). I needed to be back on the road the sameday as my van is my livlyhood, all the auto electricians where snowed under with work so last resort was to try a Citroen Agent. Suprise, suprise they where busy too, I explained the problem and was told it was likely to be the control relay for the fan. The relay is located within the fan unit behind the radiator grill and is prone to getting waterlogged and shorting out (a common fault on Citroens apparantly).
The grill is fairly easy to remove, 2 star shaped headed bolts under the bonnet which can be removed with a hex key and two 10mm bolts behind the removeable plastic trim under the headlights. The grill then pulls off (it has a lug attached to the fan) and the cover for the relay unit can be accessed. Be warned this is not an easy task, you need a small cross head screwdriver with a very short shaft to undo the retaining screw. Once the cover is off the relay can be removed and replaced with a new unit which cost me about £13 from a Citroen agent (although it is actually a Peugeot relay).
Refitting is reverse of removal.
Hope this helps somebody! </font id="size5"></font id="blue">