Citroen Relay Enterprise

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Benita
My Cars: Citroen Relay Enterprise

Citroen Relay Enterprise

Post by Benita »

My mileage indicator/odometer has started flashing on and off, about every second.

Has anyone any ideas why and how can it be stopped.

Thanks, Benita
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Re: Citroen Relay Enterprise

Post by Paul-R »

Is it a sign that the mileage between service periods has now elapsed? If it's the same as my Xsara and old C5 then the counter can be reset to zero by pressing the mileage reset button with the engine off. Keep the button pressed and turn the ignition key to the "ign" position. While the button is pressed a counter will count down to zero and when it reaches there the service interval is reset.

If it does need servicing then it would be advisable to that as well!
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
Bick

Post by Bick »

The Relays are basically a Fiat chassis cab with wiring supplied - Citroen then fit their own engine, gearbox and running gear. This makes them susceptible to wiring faults - there are a myriad of connectors behind the dash they are also known to suffer from speedo sender faults and speedo/clocks head unit faults.

As this is the case i would be guessing to be honest - you need to get a diag done to try and narrow down the problem.
Benita

Post by Benita »

Thank you all for your replies and my apologies for not responding sooner but I had a spell in hospital and other problems to cope with.
The flashing odomemeter stopped after a couple of days and I had no further problems until about a month or so ago.
When switching on a message appeared " Change engine oil " and disappeared when the engine started.
The oil has been changed every year, about 12 to 15,000 miles so I knew there was nothing wrong with the oil and it was Citroen service reminders.
I found an instruction sheet which told me how to cancel this message.
"Turn on the ignition, depress fully the accelerator pedal for 30 seconds, pump the brake pedal 6 times, switch off, switch on, the oil warning light will flash 5 times, the problem will be cured" The oil light didn't flash but the problem was solved for a short period. After about a week the same warning re-appeared.
I repeated the "cure" and each time it lasted for about a week then re-appeared.
A week ago I got a completely new warning.
" Service coupon expired, change engine oil" accompanied by an emblem of a spanner.
The message disappeared when the engine was started but the spanner remained. It was time to get help.
I consulted a local garage who had diagnostic equipment and within 2 minutes the problem was solved, £25.
He said it indicated the DPF (Diesel particulate filter), I didn't know it had one, there is no mention in the service schedules.
Also indicated was the "diesel / oil dilution indicator" ?????? Anyway, the problem appears to be solved.
Sorry to be so long winded but I hope this information might be of use.
Bick

Post by Bick »

What year - engine and mileage has your van gt on it? Im suspecting its a MK3 with the 2.2 Ford engine from what you are saying?
Benita

Post by Benita »

My van was first registered November 2010 and I bought it in May 2014 with 38,500 miles on the clock. You are correct, it is a 2.2L with a Ford engine.
It had been dealer serviced 3 times at roughly 10, 20, and 30,000 mile intervals and I presume that service indicators would have been reset.
I do my own servicing and it has been done annually since I bought it at roughly 39, 47, and 57,000 miles. Current mileage is 62,000
This is the first diesel vehicle I have owned and I am amazed how quickly the oil turns black after an oil change even though I use a flushing agent
but I am told this is normal. Is it?
Thanks again for your interest.
Bick

Post by Bick »

Very normal for the oil to go black after a service with a diesel.

Im not sure if yours has an oil condition sensor on it - some of the ford mondeos have and it is known to cause problems.
Benita

Post by Benita »

When I had the diagnostic check, mention was made of a sensor which checks for dilution of the oil by diesel contamination.
Could this be the sensor you are referring to?
Bick

Post by Bick »

Yes thats the one, they can cause problems but it may be telling the truth so i would do an oil change.
Benita

Post by Benita »

It is only 5,000 miles since the oil was changed and the filter and a flushing agent added before draining the oil.
Bick

Post by Bick »

The choice is yours then? However i have heard of Mondeos playing up at that mileage so maybe just ignore it.
Benita

Post by Benita »

Thank you for your advice. I will change the oil again, when the weather warms up a bit. It is currently 2 degrees C
busterlef
My Cars: Citroen Relay 35 Enterprise 2015

Post by busterlef »

Hi I recently bought a Citroen Relay 35 Enterprise 2015 model
The previous owner had an after market radio installed and I now find I am unable to use most of the menu, can only access the speed bleep service and exit. Cannot get to the clock or date to alter it. Also my dash flashes where the mileage is.
Also I am unable to use the cruise control
Can anyone help me override the dash flashing and get all the menu back for me to use please.
The radio that has been installed is a Sony B700. do hope someone out there can help. Thanks guys